Bledsoe the running Qb

VABills

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignoring DaQuixers, you gotta think Bledsoe's what, 6'5? He's not going to beat you in a footrace, but the man only has to take to many steps if he's got open field ahead of him. And you have to give him credit for lunging for the TD and taking the nasty hit.

This, of course, has absolutely no bearing on the Bills. It's just an interesting play that happened.

Did this really warrant a new thread ... blah

799080[/snapback]

lol, I was about to start one anyway...

I'm not a Bledsoe basher, but I'm watching the game and just saw the strip-from-behind play to end the half. I'm struck by how he looks when he is hit - an absolutely pained expression comes on his face which makes him look even older and less mobile than he actually is (if possible).

You just like being a trouble maker eh?  Kinda like me.  :D

799106[/snapback]

And which thread did this belong in?

Should everybody check in with you first before posting?

799109[/snapback]

lol, I was about to start one anyway...

I'm not a Bledsoe basher, but I'm watching the game and just saw the strip-from-behind play to end the half.  I'm struck by how he looks when he is hit - an absolutely pained expression comes on his face which makes him look even older and less mobile than he actually is (if possible).

799110[/snapback]

I think its funny that Rayzer was the only one that got it .. i was just messin around

I think its funny that Rayzer was the only one that got it .. i was just messin around

799118[/snapback]

Now why is that funny that I got it? Do you think I'm stupid or something? Jeesh! :D

I was starting to respect you. :doh:

Runs one in.  Who'd of thunk it?

799077[/snapback]

I would have since I always gave insisted that even if one declares Bledsoe to be a statue incapable of elusing anyone you have to present the threat that he will run the bsall if the opposing team abandons the center of the field.

I think ONE of the key to TC's offense having a lot fewer sacks of Bledsoe than the keving Killfdrive Noffense of 03 was that he used Bledsoe as a runner.

He need not be anywhere near the equal of John Elway to force an opposing D not to completely sellout to blitz and sack the statue. If an opping D is happy to let its LBs choose outside routes as the best way to sack Bledsoe or stunt their DL to allow Bledsoe to stumble forward for a few yards, much less a TDthen they are being stupid.

Bledsoe may get hammered by a tackle if he runs it, but so what at 6' 5" he not only is a big boy but actually he gets to deliver the blow as a rusher rather than simly getting creamed by a sack if one insists on keeping him in the pocket.

The fact is that a team is likely to be far more successful if they employ Bledsoe as aa runner and kudos to Parcells for HCing a team for which he ran for a TD.

This is far from an endorsement of Bledsoe since one of the things you need to do which TC did is reduce Bledsoe\s ability to audible down to changes only to avoid a play which totally will blow up and not to switch to what he thinks is the mostly likely play to succeed. In 03 the pass-happy Killdrive seemed to call too many pass plays and when he did call a run, Bledsoe had so much confidence in his ability to use his rocket arm to thread the needle on what proved to be low probabilty passes that the two of them essentially eliminated the run from the Bills playbook on third and short yardage/

Bledsoe is adequate to run occaisionally and if fact a team must do this to make his pass game more effective.

I would have since I always gave insisted that even if one declares Bledsoe to be a statue incapable of elusing anyone you have to present the threat that he will run the bsall if the opposing team abandons the center of the field.

I think ONE of the key to TC's offense having a lot fewer sacks of Bledsoe than the keving Killfdrive Noffense of 03 was that he used Bledsoe as a runner.

He need not be anywhere near the equal of John Elway to force an opposing D not to completely sellout to blitz and sack the statue. If an opping D is happy to let its LBs choose outside routes as the best way to sack Bledsoe or stunt their DL to allow Bledsoe to stumble forward for a few yards, much less a TDthen they are being stupid.

Bledsoe may get hammered by a tackle if he runs it, but so what at 6' 5" he not only is a big boy but actually he gets to deliver the blow as a rusher rather than simly getting creamed by a sack if one insists on keeping him in the pocket.

The fact is that a team is likely to be far more successful if they employ Bledsoe as aa runner and kudos to Parcells for HCing a team for which he ran for a TD.

This is far from an endorsement of Bledsoe since one of the things you need to do which TC did is reduce Bledsoe\s ability to audible down to changes only to avoid a play which totally will blow up and not to switch to what he thinks is the mostly likely play to succeed.  In 03 the pass-happy Killdrive seemed to call too many pass plays and when he did call a run, Bledsoe had so much confidence in his ability to use his rocket arm to thread the needle on what proved to be low probabilty passes that the two of them essentially eliminated the run from the Bills playbook on third and short yardage/

Bledsoe is adequate to run occaisionally and if fact a team must do this to make his pass game more effective.

799201[/snapback]

Huh? The rollout throw to the right was the same play Killdrive called several times over during the dreadful '03 season, including one on a 2pt conversion against those same Eagles. Drew pulled it down and inexplicably made a play with his feet - that's not coaching.