Child Raping Scandle Hits Home

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Democrats actually think that this is going to last until the election in four (4) weeks?  And that this is an issue that voters vote on?

Foley did resign, didn't he?

799060[/snapback]

Of course it will last, and the repercussions of this scandal will be felt by the GOP right up until the election.

The House Ethics committee authorized the use of 48 subpoenas. They're not going to get to them all at once, and with Congress in recess for the upcoming election, certain congress persons will be flying back to DC to testify..."Congressman so-and-so flew back to DC today to testify before the ethics committe regarding what he/she did or didn't know about the Foley scandal." That lead will be followed by a review of the facts in every article that is submitted from here on in.

USA Today

WASHINGTON — A former Capitol Hill aide who says he warned Republican leaders about Rep. Mark Foley's inappropriate conduct with teenage pages at least three years ago is scheduled to give sworn testimony to the House ethics committee this week.

Also, Tom Reynolds is the chair for the republican re-election effort. Think Tom's concerned about anybody else than himself right now? He blew off a booked guest appearance on ABC's This Week yesterday with "flu-like symptoms." His senior aide had to resign because of the Foley scandal. Reynolds is reeling, and he's the guy who's supposed to be comfortably leading the GOPs retention of the House.

From same article as above:

Reynolds canceled an appearance Sunday on ABC because he was sick, said his spokesman, L.D. Platt. A day earlier, Reynolds apologized in a TV ad for failing to pursue the Foley matter.

Hastert, as the Speaker of the House was scheduled for a 30-day campaign blitz, appearing with Republican's in not-so-safe, borderline election regions. Now, say you're one of these GOP incumbents, and J. Dennis Hastert is supposed to breeze into town and stump for your campaign. How fired up would you be right now? You think Hastert will get a word out about anything other than Foley? You think you're going to have to answer the dreaded question "Do you support Dennis Hastert as your party's Speaker?"

GOP hopefuls hope Hastert stays away

Hastert was supposed to campaign for two endangered Republicans: freshman Rep. Mike Sodrel in Indiana and Rep. Ron Lewis in Kentucky. Hastert canceled the Sodrel visit, and Lewis disinvited the speaker. The speaker also decided against a scheduled visit for Joy Padgett, replacing the disgraced Rep. Bob Ney in Ohio. Rep. Jim Gerlach in Pennsylvania and Shelley Sekula-Gibbs, attempting a write-in campaign to replace the resigned Rep. Tom DeLay in Texas, asked Hastert not to come. Democrats may win in all five districts.

"Disinvited." <_< Thanks, but no thanks, Mr. Speaker. Save those frequent flyer miles.

While this story may not have the legs to stay above the fold in every newspaper in the US, it will remain visible for the for-see-able future. Foley checked into rehab on October first. If he's in for thirty days, that would mean he gets out the weekend right before election day. Wanna bet he's "convinced" to stick with the program a bit longer?

What Foley did was repugnant, and Reynolds couldn't have handled things worse - I'm not voting for him - but before you dems get all dolled up in your purple pixie outfits and start prancing around, remember...

"Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!"

Seems to me that some of the posters here are too stupid or too ignorant or maybe just too young to remember that the Dems are the pioneers when it comes to gay page scandals...

Link - Does Anybody In Our Media Remember Gerry Studds?

At least Foley was forced to resign - Studds stayed on for 5 more terms!

And don't even get me started on Barney Frank and his House of Gay Prostitution...

You people are seriously screwed up.

Who cares what happened 20 years ago? Who gives what Clinton did with a wandering cigar?

By the same token, what kind of a witch hunt do people want? That someone a year ago told Hastert that Foley sent inappropriate emails? By that standard, everyone who posts on PPP should spend a month in Sing Sing.

Let it go, and move on.

What Foley did was repugnant, and Reynolds couldn't have handled things worse - I'm not voting for him - but before you dems get all dolled up in your purple pixie outfits and start prancing around, remember...

Seems to me that some of the posters here are too stupid or too ignorant or maybe just too young to remember that the Dems are the pioneers when it comes to gay page scandals...

Link - Does Anybody In Our Media Remember Gerry Studds?

At least Foley was forced to resign - Studds stayed on for 5 more terms!

And don't even get me started on Barney Frank and his House of Gay Prostitution...

799898[/snapback]

I love the way every Republican is getting high and mighty by saying that they forced Foley to resign. He resigned after ABC news told him they had the goods. Foley resigned before any of the leaders even talked to him. Just another lie among many.

I also love the "your slimeballs are slimier than our slimeballs" defense. That one should work real well in the upcoming election.

I love the way every Republican is getting high and mighty by saying that they forced Foley to resign.  He resigned after ABC news told him they had the goods.  Foley resigned before any of the leaders even talked to him.  Just another lie among many.

I also love the "your slimeballs are slimier than our slimeballs" defense.  That one should work real well in the upcoming election.

800099[/snapback]

Actually, I wasn't defending anyone. (Read the 1st sentence of my post.)

I was just pointing out the well-known (well, maybe not so well-known) fact that the Democrats were the 'pioneers' when it comes to scandals involving sexual abuse of male pages by homosexual congressmen.

And, BTW, it was Reynolds' Chief of Staff Kirk Fordham - also a one time Chief of Staff to Foley and also openly gay - that convinced Foley to resign, not ABC. Those are just some facts - you might be interested in facts, but probably not.

Again, I'm not defending anyone. Foley's actions are repugnant - read again - repugnant. The response of Reynolds et al was inadequate, and inept. Does that sound like I'm defending either one of them?

I was also just pointing out that Foley is gone, while Studds stayed on for 10 more years after indignantly turning his back to the House during his censure. Apparently, he thought it was OK to have an affair with a young male page. Sounds like maybe you're defending him? (And that sick freak Barney Frank is still there.)

BTW - anyone who doesn't believe that all of this Foley stuff (and probably much more) was known for years by both Democrats and Republicans alike - or doesn't believe that the leak to ABC was quite timely, coming 5 weeks before the elections - is ridiculously naive. I'm expecting some salicious 'outings' of deviant Democrats shortly, in retaliation.

Or Bubba and his porking Monica, pawing Katherine Wiley, and raping Juanita Broderick.

800033[/snapback]

Spare us your bullsh*t! If it was a dummycrat who was exposed, you would be jumping up and down like a little girl.

BTW - anyone who doesn't believe that all of this Foley stuff (and probably much more) was known for years by both Democrats and Republicans alike - or doesn't believe that the leak to ABC was quite timely, coming 5 weeks before the elections -  is ridiculously naive.  I'm expecting some salicious 'outings' of deviant Democrats shortly, in retaliation.

800136[/snapback]

I agree. If Foley was a dummycrat as opposed to a repug, you better believe the repugs would be screaming to no end on how these actions were not "moral" and whatever other moraly righteous hypocritical bullsh*t they spew. We have pathetic political parties.

Or Bubba and his porking Monica, pawing Katherine Wiley, and raping Juanita Broderick.

800033[/snapback]

Thanks Rush.

Do you ever not parrot what the Republican heads tell you?

Actually, I wasn't defending anyone.  (Read the 1st sentence of my post.)

I was just pointing out the well-known (well, maybe not so well-known) fact that the Democrats were the 'pioneers' when it comes to scandals involving sexual abuse of male pages by homosexual congressmen.

And, BTW, it was Reynolds' Chief of Staff Kirk Fordham  - also a one time Chief of Staff to Foley and also openly gay - that convinced Foley to resign, not ABC.  Those are just some facts - you might be interested in facts, but probably not.

Again, I'm not defending anyone.  Foley's actions are repugnant - read again - repugnant.  The response of Reynolds et al was inadequate, and inept.  Does that sound like I'm defending either one of them?

If you weren't defending anyone, then what the hell was the point of posting that? Does it make yourself feel better that the Democrats had a page sex scandal back in 1970s?

You sound just like Sean Hannity. He has the same exact schtick in this whole thing: I'm not defending what Foley did, what he did was bad, but the Republicans aren't so bad, the Democrats did it before too! Just like Sean Hannity is defending the Republicans, it does sound like you are defending them by posting about something that happened to the other side in 19-friggin-70s.

I was also just pointing out that Foley is gone, while Studds stayed on for 10 more years after indignantly turning his back to the House during his censure.  Apparently, he thought it was OK to have an affair with a young male page.  Sounds like maybe you're defending him?  (And that sick freak Barney Frank is still there.)

So you're pushing this whole "I'm not defending them", and now you're back to this? And accusing him of defending Studds? :lol:;):w00t:

Okay Sean, stop it with the whole "No, I'm not defending it thing".

By the same token, what kind of a witch hunt do people want? That someone a year ago told Hastert that Foley sent inappropriate emails? By that standard, everyone who posts on PPP should spend a month in Sing Sing.

Let it go, and move on.

What *should* be asked is why the hell didn't Hastert look into this? Hastert's whole defense in the matter is "I interviewed him and he tricked me." Well no sh-- shirlock, what'd you think he was going to do.

Why didn't you actually talk to some of the pages that were bringing forward these supposed accusations?

Having your party's leader in the House just ignore serious charges isn't exactly just a "let it go and move on" scenario.

Thanks Rush.

If you weren't defending anyone, then what the hell was the point of posting that?  Does it make yourself feel better that the Democrats had a page sex scandal back in 1970s? 

You sound just like Sean Hannity.  He has the same exact schtick in this whole thing:  I'm not defending what Foley did, what he did was bad, but the Republicans aren't so bad, the Democrats did it before too! Just like Sean Hannity is defending the Republicans, it does sound like you are defending them by posting about something that happened to the other side in 19-friggin-70s. 

So you're pushing this whole "I'm not defending them", and now you're back to this? And accusing him of defending Studds?  :lol:  ;)  :w00t:

Okay Sean, stop it with the whole "No, I'm not defending it thing".

What *should* be asked is why the hell didn't Hastert look into this?  Hastert's whole defense in the matter is "I interviewed him and he tricked me."  Well no sh-- shirlock, what'd you think he was going to do.

Why didn't you actually talk to some of the pages that were bringing forward these supposed accusations?

Having your party's leader in the House just ignore serious charges isn't exactly just a "let it go and move on" scenario.

800208[/snapback]

FYI, I'm a registered independent, voting for Jack Davis this election. I vote for candidates and issues, not political parties. (Even voted for Tip O'Neill once when I lived in Boston.)

Also FYI, you're an idiot.

FYI, I'm a registered independent, voting for Jack Davis this election.  I vote for candidates and issues, not political parties. (Even voted for Tip O'Neill once when I lived in Boston.)

Cookie?

Also FYI, you're an idiot.

800216[/snapback]

Okay Sean.

Thanks Rush.

800208[/snapback]

Amazing, simply amazing. Its always fun to read your posts.

You're such a hypocrite.

I'd be happy to dig up the Dems talking points that you shiit all over the place here all the time.

Are they actually going to give you a sheepskin from that school? :P:lol:;):w00t::w00t:

Amazing, simply amazing. Its always fun to read your posts.

You're such a hypocrite.

I'd be happy to dig up the Dems talking points that you shiit all over the place here all the time.

Are they actually going to give you a sheepskin from that school? :P  :lol:  ;)  :w00t:  :w00t:

800221[/snapback]

lawlawlawlawlawlwalawlawlawlawlawlawl

lawlawlawlawlawlwalawlawlawlawlawlawl

800224[/snapback]

Is that you? Mr Caravel? No No no, Mr . Dean?

I loved how Hillery said that it was " some " of the Bush Admins fault that the Koreans tested a Nuclear device yesterday morning. But yet said nothing of her husbands failed policy's...

Are you two sleeping together??? ;):lol:

Is that you? Mr Caravel? No No no, Mr . Dean?

Haha Dean. That'd be more

ARRRRRRRRRAlawlwalawlwalawlwal

I loved how Hillery said that it was " some " of the Bush Admins fault that the Koreans tested a Nuclear  device yesterday morning. But yet said nothing of her husbands failed policy's...

Are you two sleeping together??? ;)  :lol:

800233[/snapback]

Hay I haven't said anything about the Korean test yesterday morning. I haven't been following that story.

I have to say that, of course, because honestly, when you go to school at Texas, why the !@#$ would you sleep with This.

:w00t::w00t::P

799898[/snapback]

I thought that was the whole point of this? The 'Moral Values' crowd got busted not enforcing some of the most important moral vales. They basically won the 2004 election by bashing gays--and calling fake terror alerts--and now it turns out they are hiding a gay guy who hits on kids at the very least. Gees!

Here is a nugget from Salon.com, for what ever its worth. I post it for the last part about the GOP expecting to lose the House

Is Hastert's future a "moot point"?

In a Survey USA poll out today, a whopping 26 percent of Americans say they think Dennis Hastert should stay on as speaker of the House in the wake of the Mark Foley scandal. Twenty percent think he should resign from the speaker's job and 45 percent think he should resign from Congress entirely.

Hastert says he's not going anywhere. And even though Republican House members continue to dump him from their campaign appearances, they're not exactly clamoring for Hastert to step aside, either.

Why not? Bob Novak has one theory: Hastert will be kicked out of the speaker's office anyway in January because Democrats are going to take back the House in November. "It's really moot," Novak quotes an unidentified Republican as saying. "We are sure to lose the House, and Denny never would want to be minority leader."

So what's the difference between Barney Frank and a refrigerator?

A refrigerator doesn't fart when you take the meat out.

800245[/snapback]

Ya, you are a Republican! My neighbors are lesbians and some idiots drive by late at night tossing firecrackers at their house. Real funny. Wouldn't mind arrianging an 'accident' for them