pretty funny - the phins

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-sph...la-sports-front

The Dolphins had just shredded the Texans on consecutive scoring drives to breathe some life into a game that was playing out like two garbage trucks colliding for three hours. Culpepper had completed 11 of 16 passes for 135 yards and a touchdown.

Chris Chambers actually was seen making a 16-yard TD catch. Wes Welker once again had come up big by keeping the game, and maybe the season, alive with a fourth-down catch that went for 29 yards.

But now came the two-point conversion and Welker was on the sideline. Culpepper had the ball taken out of his hands. Brown, who had never thrown a pass in a real game, was being asked to make a decision between running or throwing with the outcome on the table.

"When I looked I saw Randy [McMichael] was open and so wasn't going to run," Brown said. "Then he was covered and I thought Marty [booker] was open."

Yep, sounds like a running back playing quarterback. Did he stay at a Holiday Inn Express?

"We really thought he might have the opportunity to run it," Saban said. "He obviously didn't see it that way and the guy was open."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-sph...la-sports-front

"We really thought he might have the opportunity to run it," Saban said.

792918[/snapback]

That'll be why the position is called running back. 0:) If he has an opportunity to run it, then why design the play to be anything other than a run. It's good to see some other team go through that crap.

Anybody that puts any stock in Mike Mulurkey, which includes Nick Saben, the national media etc. really doesn't understand football. The guy is a joke, plain and simple! I could not believe he called that play when I saw the highlights.

792934[/snapback]

What in your experience with Mularkey made you surprised that he would call that play when the game was on the line?