We CAN beat Chicago

I went into this season with the goal of Buffalo showing me they can be a playoff contender in 2007. What this team has shown me is that on any given Sunday they can play with anybody in 2006. Are we a legit playoff contender yet? NO. But with this many rookies and young player we will get better as the season goes on. For the time being I bet our Bills watched tonight's game and didn’t say oh crap. I bet they said this is a chance to earn respect. Here are a couple reasons why I think Buffalo has more then a chance at hanging with Chicago.

1. Dick Jauron- We know Chicago much better then Chicago knows us. Jauron coached for the Bears, and faced the Bears as the Lions defensive coordinator. So not only does he know the Bears inside and out, but he most likely circled this date in his head as his return to Chicago. He will do everything to get the Bills ready to play, and he has the knowledge to do so.

2. Seattle- You don't completely route the defending NFC champion without really getting up for the game. No team in football can match that type of intensity week in and week out during the regular season. Undefeated Seattle on Sunday night football or Buffalo at 1pm on Sunday? Big chance at Chicago having an emotional let down.

3. JP Losman- This Bears team can really bring interior pressure. Losman has the leg speed few QB's do to roll outside that pressure. We can create time in the passing game that other teams can't. The extra time could lead to more down field plays.

4. Rex Grossman- Great start by a QB who looks to be coming into his own. He still doesn't have more then a year worth of starts. Peyton Manning throws interceptions, so will Rex Grossman. I hope our DB's noted how many floaters he threw tonight.

5. Special Teams- Wash at FG kicking, but Hester dropped 2 punts today. He's dangerous, but if he drops one against us we will be all over it. I'll also take BM over any punter in football.

I went into this season with the goal of Buffalo showing me they can be a playoff contender in 2007. What this team has shown me is that on any given Sunday they can play with anybody in 2006. Are we a legit playoff contender yet? NO. But with this many rookies and young player we will get better as the season goes on. For the time being I bet our Bills watched tonight's game and didn’t say oh crap. I bet they said this is a chance to earn respect. Here are a couple reasons why I think Buffalo has more then a chance at hanging with Chicago.

1. Dick Jauron- We know Chicago much better then Chicago knows us. Jauron coached for the Bears, and faced the Bears as the Lions defensive coordinator. So not only does he know the Bears inside and out, but he most likely circled this date in his head as his return to Chicago. He will do everything to get the Bills ready to play, and he has the knowledge to do so. 

2. Seattle- You don't completely route the defending NFC champion without really getting up for the game. No team in football can match that type of intensity week in and week out during the regular season. Undefeated Seattle on Sunday night football or Buffalo at 1pm on Sunday? Big chance at Chicago having an emotional let down. 

3. JP Losman- This Bears team can really bring interior pressure. Losman has the leg speed few QB's do to roll outside that pressure. We can create time in the passing game that other teams can't. The extra time could lead to more down field plays.

4. Rex Grossman- Great start by a QB who looks to be coming into his own. He still doesn't have more then a year worth of starts. Peyton Manning throws interceptions, so will Rex Grossman. I hope our DB's noted how many floaters he threw tonight.

5. Special Teams- Wash at FG kicking, but Hester dropped 2 punts today. He's dangerous, but if he drops one against us we will be all over it. I'll also take BM over any punter in football.

792331[/snapback]

Wasn't "kzoomike" once synonymous with "ignorant" here? :doh:

Personally...I don't think the Bills have a snowball's chance in hell against the Bears in Chicago. The Bills are average this season (which is a big step up from the previous five...but still...) Chicago's freakin' scary...they have that "Yeah, we're going to the Superbowl, try and stop us bitches" look that the Bills had in '90, the 'Skins in 91, Dallas in '92... <_<

Wasn't "kzoomike" once synonymous with "ignorant" here?  :doh:

Personally...I don't think the Bills have a snowball's chance in hell against the Bears in Chicago.  The Bills are average this season (which is a big step up from the previous five...but still...)  Chicago's freakin' scary...they have that "Yeah, we're going to the Superbowl, try and stop us bitches" look that the Bills had in '90, the 'Skins in 91, Dallas in '92...  <_<

792339[/snapback]

I said it was ignorant how everybody used the word ignorant, and then I myself became ignorant.

I'm calling for crow Sunday at 4pm if our boys play with Chicago. Winning is a tall task, but we will take it to the 4th quarter within 7

Agreed.  I win against Chicago would be nothing short of miraculous.  It's nice to hope, but nonsensical to think we'll actually win.  I'll be happy with competitive.

792342[/snapback]

The playoffs would be miraculous. The Super Bowl would be miraculous. The Bills beating Chicago would be something that happens each Sunday in the NFL.

Wasn't "kzoomike" once synonymous with "ignorant" here?  :doh:

Personally...I don't think the Bills have a snowball's chance in hell against the Bears in Chicago.  The Bills are average this season (which is a big step up from the previous five...but still...)  Chicago's freakin' scary...they have that "Yeah, we're going to the Superbowl, try and stop us bitches" look that the Bills had in '90, the 'Skins in 91, Dallas in '92...  <_<

792339[/snapback]

...not to mention the Bears in '85.

Wasn't "kzoomike" once synonymous with "ignorant" here?   :doh:

Personally...I don't think the Bills have a snowball's chance in hell against the Bears in Chicago.  The Bills are average this season (which is a big step up from the previous five...but still...)  Chicago's freakin' scary...they have that "Yeah, we're going to the Superbowl, try and stop us bitches" look that the Bills had in '90, the 'Skins in 91, Dallas in '92...   <_<

792339[/snapback]

For you to compare the Chicago Bears of 2006 to the Buffalo Bills (multiple HOF's) of 1990's makes me want to puke.