Stat shown during game.

Gary M

i saw that stat as well and thought "what a worthless number".......if a QB checks down short of the first down consistantly his % would be padded, but of course that's not good for the offense........the more interesting number is simply 3rd down conversion rate, which for the bills was only 28% heading into today's game, 4th worst in the league

791929[/snapback]

Agreed. The 74% completion rate is b/c they are being very conservative in the 3rd down calls, especially 3rd and longs. If they do throw they are throwing quick ones so as to not put too much pressure on the OL. Hey, I wish we could pass block better than we can but fact is this approach makes sense right now and will even more so for Chicago game if we are within 10 points or so throughout the game.

You know that old saying, about an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters recreating the complete works of Shakespeare?

Your posts: three monkeys, one typewriter.  <_<

793429[/snapback]

And how many monkeys would you say your own posts are worth? If I had to go just by your username, I'd say only one. :lol:

Speaking of stats shown in the game, what was up with them starting the game saying it was Jauron's second year as Bills head coach? 

792175[/snapback]

Not only did they say it was his second year, the graphic gave his record -- 6 and 13. Not a slip of the tongue or simple mistake... very serious bad voodoo. Let us hope it is not predestination.

You know that old saying, about an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters recreating the complete works of Shakespeare?

Your posts: three monkeys, one typewriter.  <_<

793429[/snapback]

You forgot to add "a whole lot of facts".

Don't hate the monkey, hate the numbers :lol:

a 3rd down pass short of the sticks isn't always a bad thing. say, for instance, it's 3rd and 9, and a 5 yard pass is completed. A field goal attempt that's 5 yards shorter makes things a lot easier. :shrug:

I wouldn't trust the stats shown during the game. Lest anyone forget, during the opening, the announcer (Ron Pitts ??) pointed out per the graphic on the screen that Dick Jauron is in his second year has head coach of the Bills with a combined record of 6-13.

On screen stats are just lies so the media can tell the story they want.