Bills/Bears in HD Next Week

JimBob2232

What do you have to do to get HD games?  We just got Directv

791658[/snapback]

You need a DirecTV HD receiver and an HD TV, then subscribe to the Sunday Ticket and their SuperFan package. An OTA antenna hooked up to the receiver wouldn't hurt either, just to make sure you're covered for local games.

You need a DirecTV HD receiver and an HD TV, then subscribe to the Sunday Ticket and their SuperFan package.  An OTA antenna hooked up to the receiver wouldn't hurt either, just to make sure you're covered for local games.

791672[/snapback]

Nope. If the game is picked up in HD by Directv they will show it, even if the SD game is blocked.

Nope.  If the game is picked up in HD by Directv they will show it, even if the SD game is blocked.

791737[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised if the local networks complain in the near future and get that revoked as well. :doh:

I would hope by this time next year, all games will be in High Def. I still can't believe it's taking this long to make it standard procedure.

At this rate, my high def LCD TV will be old, burned out, and obsolete by the time they start putting everything out in HD.

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/

Note that there are Sabres games in HD 10/4 and 10/13

Woop, get to watch this cos its Chicago and then watch Detroit in person B-)

Is it 99 for direct tv and sunday ticket? Or 99 + 79ish for the whole year ?

792493[/snapback]

Sunday Ticket is roughly $229 for the year. Superfan is $99, but most people get it for free (or $49, worst case).

CW

Good catch on the Sabs opener! :D  For DirecTV viewers, I only hope they pick it up on channel 95.  I haven't seen anything in my guide yet when I look out that far.  Otherwise, it'll be SD on 608.

792864[/snapback]

HDNEt is picking up about 60 games from Versus in HighDef this year. NONE of those include the Sabres. Since DirectTv does not carry INHD we will indeed be shut out for any Sabes games in HD this year unless they are on NBC or MSG starts having the games in HD (doubt that).

Oh Yeah, any cable people about to say "I'll see it"... I watched every NFL game braodcast in HD, in HD... do you? 0:)