Props for Bills OC Fairchild

For what, leading the team to one of the lowest offensive scoring outputs in the league. 

He doesn't deserve any recognition other than for being unable to do what he paid to do.

789853[/snapback]

It takes more than 3 games to fully implement a new offensive system, with new personnel across the board, and with the youth that we have in order to see results.

Tom Clements, is that you?

I think second half of the year the offense will perform much better and put up more points.

Remember its a new offensive system for everyone on the offense except for Price whos been in this offense before.

This offense is just like a new pair of shoes, takes some time to break them in, but once broken in, you dont want to get rid of them!

It takes more than 3 games to fully implement a new offensive system, with new personnel across the board, and with the youth that we have in order to see results.

Tom Clements, is that you?

789872[/snapback]

Nope, three games is all you need to know. Especially if you're lucky enough to get two easy road division games against expected playoff teams in two of those three. Get rid of him.

Except for the bootleg call at the goalline I have had no problem with the playcalling. Barring any injuries, this offense will keep getting better. Also while not great. the Oline has been better than any of us expected, at least in run blocking.

789951[/snapback]

I actually wished that the bootleg call was made on the 1st down...That would have really fooled the defense, as they really would have been expecting McGahee to punch it in....Secondly even if he took the sack, we would have had still 2 downs to punch it in.

I have had a little beef with the playcalling. For the most part, I think he's done a very good job, but my impression is that he has been a little too enamored of the intermediate-range pass plays.

My impression of the offense is that the line is about average in pass blocking; occasionally they do well, occasionally they break down. And against the blitz, we are not all that strong. So teams have been able to get decent pressure on Losman.

I would think in response to this we would be emphasizing the short, quick routes more...the quick slants, the short dumps to the backs or TEs over the middle or in the flat. But too many times I've seen JP taking seven step drops and scanning the field. Sure, we need to do this now and then to keep the defense honest, but I would think it would help JP's confidence, and the offense's production, to be doing some more short passes.

I'm also a little annoyed at his reluctance to stick with Willis in the Jets game. Most of this is nitpicking, however, as I do think Fairchild has done reasonably well so far.

Except for the bootleg call at the goalline I have had no problem with the playcalling. Barring any injuries, this offense will keep getting better. Also while not great. the Oline has been better than any of us expected, at least in run blocking.

789951[/snapback]

The safety call against the Pats was bad too. You can't push the QB in the other teams stadium to take a 7 step drop at the 1 yard line. Fairchild is also a 1st time OC (Mike Martz called the plays when he was the OC in St. Louis) and is learning his way around. Given some time, this staff/players should be able to run a workable offense by mid-season.

I'm luke warm on his performance so far. The drop pass with JP in the endzone causing the saftey. Not enough play action when Willis is doing well. JP needs shorter drops beacuse he is getting sacked with the 5 to 7 step drops. WR's are not getting open so change the routes, find the holes in the coverage.

He gets a C- in my books.