Thoughts...

Some of this has been posted here already (not surprising).

1. Mularkey is a rookie coach. Belichick isn't. Welcome to the difference in the game.

Case in point: Brady completes long pass on first drive. May not have been a catch. NE runs up to the line and runs a QB sneak, denying BILLS a replay opportunity.

Drew Bledsoe throws TD pass to Moulds. Moulds catches the ball but loses it when his elbow hits the ground. BILLS lollygag getting the special teams on the field and Belichick calls for a review. For once he doesn't get the call. If you're Mularkey, do you EVER leave something like that to chance?

I was screaming at the TV as soon as I saw the ball rolling away to "line up and kick it." That was followed by "Get your head out of your ass, Mularkey."

2. Travis Henry is a shorter, dumber, and more criminal version of Peyton Manning. Just good enough to get you beat when it matters most. Case in point: 3rd down with BILLS in the spread. Willis to Drew's right, TH to Drew's right. Fags toss the all out blitz (really?). Travis completely whiffs and Willis flips his guy 360 degrees in the air with a perfectly leveraged block. Oh, and Willis hasn't tripped over his dick on short yardage with the game on the line two straight weeks.

3. Schobel is driving me crazy. Why not just run toward the tunnel on every passing down? That'd be just as effective as what you're doing now. That big contract is justified.

4. Tom Brady threw like 700 passes yesterday, mostly with at least 5 guys (or more) in the rush. NOT ONE HOLDING penalty. Yet with the game tied and us driving toward the go ahead score, we get one on a short yardage running play? !@#$ YOU, NFL Officials.

5. Someone please explain to me why it is so difficult to swallow your whistle until the play is clearly over? "The runner was ruled down by contact" needs to be COMPLETELY stricken from the rule books. It is the most stevestojan rule in the NFL today and seems to be used to cover the constant mistakes made by old men.

6. If London Fletcher's "roughing the kitty" penalty on Brady on the first drive was valid, why is it that NONE of the Pats extracurricular activity (especially by Rodney Harrison) are penalties? Welcome to the double standard of officiating.

7. Both of Fletcher's PF penalties yesterday were total B.S. The throwing the running back to the ground was part of a tackle. There's no way he knew whether the guy had the ball or not. He makes alot of plays and if he weren't there, this team would be an absolute disaster instead of just a disappointment.

8. We have excellent TEs (sarcasm). Nuefeld has potential and Campbell threw a couple of decent blocks on running plays. Those are pretty much the highlights for that group.

9. Before this season is over, Drew is going to get someone killed with his penchant for throwing passes high over the middle. Not hurt. Killed. Nuefeld should be allowed to rush him in practice this week. If we're lucky, he'll hurt him enough to sit out a game - which might piss him off enough to start playing well.

10. Welcome to the NFL, Lee Evans. We finally see what I've known since his junior year. Dude is going to be VERY good.

11. E. Moulds continues to be an enigma. Million dollar athlete, $.10 melon. Loser.

12. We're going to miss Vincent alot more because of his leadership than his play, though that has been more than good enough.

13. McGee and Thomas are both going to be good players if they stay healthy.

14. Brian Mooreman is the most athletic punter in the NFL since Ray Guy. He is the best player on our team.

15. Thank you Bobby April for bring special teams back to Buffalo. I missed them. It was kinda fun to watch A.Vinny be reduced to kicking out of bounds/short to avoid our return game. It's been awhile.

16. Jonas can go now. His injuries continue to be the "unlucky" type. It's a matter of time until he blows our both knees sitting down at a buffet. Loser.

17. For all of you pining for an early first round pick, I say "no thanks!" EMPHATICALLY. There is no way I want to take a chance on getting another marginal player who eats so much salary cap room. We could have 2 VERY good OLineman for what Mike Williams is making. I wish TD would trade every first rounder from here on.

>>>16. Jonas can go now. His injuries continue to be the "unlucky" type. It's a matter of time until he blows our both knees sitting down at a buffet. Loser.<<<

No argument here. Watch, he will get a 30 million dollar contract. Hopefully not from us.

>>>17. For all of you pining for an early first round pick, I say "no thanks!" EMPHATICALLY. There is no way I want to take a chance on getting another marginal player who eats so much salary cap room. We could have 2 VERY good OLineman for what Mike Williams is making. I wish TD would trade every first rounder from here on.<<<

Even so, TD botched this. You want to trade early picks, fine. Imagine what we could have fetched for the pick that TD squandered in 05!

I am hoping that TD will be out of here at the end of the year. How many more Denneys can we fans withstand? :angry:

>>>16. Jonas can go now. His injuries continue to be the "unlucky" type. It's a matter of time until he blows our both knees sitting down at a buffet. Loser.<<<

No argument here. Watch, he will get a 30 million dollar contract. Hopefully not from us.

>>>17. For all of you pining for an early first round pick, I say "no thanks!" EMPHATICALLY. There is no way I want to take a chance on getting another marginal player who eats so much salary cap room. We could have 2 VERY good OLineman for what Mike Williams is making. I wish TD would trade every first rounder from here on.<<<

Even so, TD botched this. You want to trade early picks, fine. Imagine what we could have fetched for the pick that TD squandered in 05!

I am hoping that TD will be out of here at the end of the year. How many more Denneys can we fans withstand?  :angry:

56788[/snapback]

It truly depends on what the market bears. I'm glad we don't have the pick. At least 60% of top 5 picks and an even higher percentage of first rounders never play up to the cap number. Given a choice between Mike Williams and Takeo Spikes for roughly the same money...

There are no drafting absolutes. Every team makes mistakes (Randy Moss lasted to 19, Jim Kelly to 16, and Dan Marino was picked at the end of the first).

56788[/snapback]

Hmmmmmmm.....he must heal quickly. He sprinted half-way up the grass hill by the tunnel to throw his car keys to his friends.

???? :angry:

AD Fletchers hit on Dillon absolutely was a Personal Foul. As much as I hate Dillon and the Paytoilets it was a cheap shot.

56798[/snapback]

As I remember it, the pass went off Dillon's hands and a half step later Fletcher grabbed him and then slammed him to the ground. Looked alot like a tackle to me (sans ball). If Dillon were a QB then I'd say fine.

The problem with when they show penalties on replay, it's always at half speed. At full speed, it looked like football to me. As I stated, if that's a penalty then there were at LEAST 3 incidents that the Pats should have gotten laundry for that were worse.

3. Schobel is driving me crazy. Why not just run toward the tunnel on every passing down? That'd be just as effective as what you're doing now. That big contract is justified.

lmao......that is so true.....I could not believe how far their tackle was knocking Schobel off the play.....I could swear there were times when a vapor trail followed Schobel off the screen!

4. Tom Brady threw like 700 passes yesterday, mostly with at least 5 guys (or more) in the rush. NOT ONE HOLDING penalty. Yet with the game tied and us driving toward the go ahead score, we get one on a short yardage running play? !@#$ YOU, NFL Officials.

5. Someone please explain to me why it is so difficult to swallow your whistle until the play is clearly over? "The runner was ruled down by contact" needs to be COMPLETELY stricken from the rule books. It is the most stevestojan rule in the NFL today and seems to be used to cover the constant mistakes made by old men.

6. If London Fletcher's "roughing the kitty" penalty on Brady on the first drive was valid, why is it that NONE of the Pats extracurricular activity (especially by Rodney Harrison) are penalties? Welcome to the double standard of officiating.

7. Both of Fletcher's PF penalties yesterday were total B.S. The throwing the running back to the ground was part of a tackle. There's no way he knew whether the guy had the ball or not. He makes alot of plays and if he weren't there, this team would be an absolute disaster instead of just a disappointment.

Do you think that the stevestojantty officiating was an aberration? Remember now, the Pats were going for their record-tying 18th win in a row. Care to take a guess which way the calls will go if it 's close in the Dols game?

2. Travis Henry is a shorter, dumber, and more criminal version of Peyton Manning. Just good enough to get you beat when it matters most.

56774[/snapback]

This is right on. Travis is a horse between the tackles, but apparently -- especially given "The Play" yesterday -- he's as dumb as a rock.

Somehow, I figure that WM could have made that 3rd-and-2. It's time to find out for sure.

Great post! I disagree with Jonas- he is our best linemen. Call me crazy but I see potential with our line and dont think they have played that poorly. I think what our offense needs more then anything(well besides JP) is a kick ass TE. One who could block or be a safety valve for our QB.

15. Thank you Bobby April for bring special teams back to Buffalo. I missed them. It was kinda fun to watch A.Vinny be reduced to kicking out of bounds/short to avoid our return game. It's been awhile.

When McGhee was running back that kickoff, was I the only watching him run, thinking to myself, "Okay...where's the flag."

Freakin' McGhee has WHEELS. Why...he's almost as fast as Moorman!

Moorman's play is just amazing, for a punter. Reading his post-game quote, I was encouraged by his feel that there was little chance he couldn't make the first down. Couple that with his audible against the Raiders, and he shows more smarts than most any player on the team in terms of his vision of the field. (I particularly enjoyed watching him point at people to defend while he was running.)

As a side note, I think I read he broke a record previously held by Paul McGuire. I can't imagine Paul McGuire running with a football unless he happens to be carrying a football when he realizes Dunkin Donuts is about to close for the night.

This is right on.  Travis is a horse between the tackles, but apparently -- especially given "The Play" yesterday -- he's as dumb as a rock.

Somehow, I figure that WM could have made that 3rd-and-2.  It's time to find out for sure.

56814[/snapback]

A blind three legged pig could have made that 3-2. Did you see the hole? Which also, BTW-showed a nice play call/design by the staff and an excellent job by the O-line on a super-critical play.

When McGhee was running back that kickoff, was I the only watching him run, thinking to myself, "Okay...where's the flag."

Freakin' McGhee has WHEELS. Why...he's almost as fast as Moorman!

Moorman's play is just amazing, for a punter. Reading his post-game quote, I was encouraged by his feel that there was little chance he couldn't make the first down. Couple that with his audible against the Raiders, and he shows more smarts than most any player on the team in terms of his vision of the field. (I particularly enjoyed watching him point at people to defend while he was running.)

As a side note, I think I read he broke a record previously held by Paul McGuire. I can't imagine Paul McGuire running with a football unless he happens to be carrying a football when he realizes Dunkin Donuts is about to close for the night.

56816[/snapback]

It's really a 2 fold process:

1. There has to be some blocking - which has been sorely lacking the last couple of seasons.

2. There has to be a return man who is not only fast but able to read the field and make "football moves." A. Brown had one but not the other 2. He simply couldn't set anyone up to be blocked and rarely made an unblocked player miss.

Both Nate and McGee have that - and now they are getting blocks.

BTW, Lindell made 2 tackles on returns yesterday after his teammates whiffed. He's been much better this year than last in every facet of the game - though he's hardly great.

Great post!  I disagree with Jonas- he is our best linemen.  Call me crazy but I see potential with our line and dont think they have played that poorly.  I think what our offense needs more then anything(well besides JP) is a kick ass TE.  One who could block or be a safety valve for our QB.

56815[/snapback]

Oh, Jennings isn't a bad player. When he can stay on the field, that is. That seems to be an ongoing issue with him, and it's how he got the nickname "Jennings a la Cart" a couple of years ago.

16. Jonas can go now. His injuries continue to be the "unlucky" type. It's a matter of time until he blows our both knees sitting down at a buffet. Loser.

56774[/snapback]

Wasn't he also responisble for the converted 3rd and 1 going to a 3rd and 25 just before his injury? Maybe his ego was hurt. :angry:

Eric in Akron