Fantasy question

MartyBall4Buffalo

I need some help deciding on a trade. I had some bad luck with qb's started out with trent green and roethlisberger as my backup. However with greens injury and kc's loss of their dominant tackles I went to roethlisber who has been abysmal since coming back picked up jon kitna and brad johnson on the waiver wire. Only other choice was losman or mcnair.

The thing is I feel Im pretty damn set at rb with tomlinson/westbrook/gore/maroney, but I need help deciding whether or not I should make a trade for a wr or qb.my team is as follows

its a 1 qb 2 rb 3 wr 1 te 1 k 1 def format

qb- brad johnson

rb-tomlinson/westbrook

wr- plaxico burress/galloway/chris henry

te- antonio gates

k- shayne graham

def- buffalo :doh:

bench- toomer/frank gore/maroney/desmond clark/kitna/jennings

so should I make a trade for a better qb or legit wr or leave as is. All opinions welcome and thanked for in advance. :D

You could definitely use some help at WR, but I think you can do worse thatn Jon Kitna as your QB (maybe Brad Johnson). Kitna has been getting decent yardage, and it seems like the Lions offense will improve as the season goes on.

Unless somebody has a good backup QB, and is willing to trade him, for, say Maroney, I might be tempted to stick with what you have, and add a reciever as you go, off the waiver wire...I was able to pick up Braylon Edwards today, in my leauge, he appears to be on the brink of being a very good receiver. I think sometimes people forget that FF football and real football are two totally different things. The Browns are not a great offensive team, but Edwards has had back to back good games.

WR is, to me, the one most frustrating position in FF. Which is why I will never chase too hard, to upgrade, after a WR. Their success on the field is the result of so many other things, and, normally, they touch the ball less than RB's...every time that I can remember drafting a WR high (in the first three rounds), he has been a bust for me. If you strike out on draft day, don't sell the farm for a WR. There is always one or two nobodys who come out of nowhere that can be picked up off waivers. You already got Greg Jennings, check for Braylon Edwards, or maybe one of the Eagles WR (Reggie Brown?)

I need some help deciding on a trade.  I had some bad luck with qb's started out with trent green and roethlisberger as my backup. However with greens injury and kc's loss of their dominant tackles I went to roethlisber who has been abysmal since coming back picked up jon kitna and brad johnson on the waiver wire. Only other choice was losman or mcnair.

The thing is I feel Im pretty damn set at rb with tomlinson/westbrook/gore/maroney, but I need help deciding whether or not I should make a trade for a wr or qb.my team is as follows

qb-  brad johnson

rb-tomlinson/westbrook

te- antonio gates

k- shayne graham

def- buffalo  :lol:

so should I make a trade for a better qb or legit wr or leave as is.  All opinions welcome and thanked for in advance. <_<

786939[/snapback]

See if you can buy low on a QB starting off slow, maybe Brady. Gore and Kitna for Brady and 4th RB.

I need some help deciding on a trade.  I had some bad luck with qb's started out with trent green and roethlisberger as my backup. However with greens injury and kc's loss of their dominant tackles I went to roethlisber who has been abysmal since coming back picked up jon kitna and brad johnson on the waiver wire. Only other choice was losman or mcnair.

qb-  brad johnson

rb-tomlinson/westbrook

te- antonio gates

k- shayne graham

def- buffalo  :lol:

so should I make a trade for a better qb or legit wr or leave as is.  All opinions welcome and thanked for in advance. <_<

786939[/snapback]

Funny -- I have the same four RB and Gates in one of my leauges (also Hasselback so no QB worries).

Yes, you should try to trade Gore if possible (especially since he may lose goalline carries). Depending on how you are doing so far, you might want to go for the WR and wait out the QB situation. If Green is healthy for the strech run and playoffs, you might not need to spend on another QB. If you are in trouble to make the playoffs though, you have to find someone now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.