State of the Bills

4everBills

Alright, I now have calmed a bit to the point where I see its fruitless to expect much from the Bills this year. If I dont expect too much, and dont get it, Im not dissapointed.

Anyway, enough about me. Personally, I feel pretty resolved in the fact that Mularkey aint gonna be the right head coach for this squad. Im permanently convinced that we need a tough HC with a winners pedigree. I believe that Parcells would have already benched Drew. I also believe that Parcells would have either brought in more talent on the o-line or he would have made damn sure that they could cut it.

Today, I was remembering training camp and one of the first comments I heard from Mularkey was that family and home life was pretty damn important and that players should pay attention to it. I think it was more in the context of not being there till all hours of the night watching tape. Now, that just makies things so clear. This team has an attitude where they just go out and collect a cheque. The dont want to win, or do but wont bo what it takes.

I just cant help but feel that Parcells would grab this team by the bootstraps and pull them into wins. He would teach them that failure is not an option, right now they act like failure is there backup strategy and that they just simply go to it whenever theres trouble.

Ive said it many times, TD wont hire a guy with the pedigree of Parcells. He wont stand for being second guessed again a.l.a Cowher. So, we are stuck (at least with this GM) getting a guy who will learn on the job. Could that be Mularkey? Maybe. It may be too early to tell. Yesterday, I basted away with comments like, "fire Mularkey". I now know for a fact that it aint gonna happen period. He will be here for the rest of the year. He may be here for another few years.

It may go the way the Bills typically go, and be yet another waste of several years. Or, it may turn out that Mularkey steps up to the plate. His press conference seemed to indicate that he was pretty damn pissed and was going to take action. Well, GW did the same thing and week after week we saw no real improvement. But, maybe Mularkey is different. He DOES have one thing that GW never had, he was a player! That fact will resonate in the minds of the players. They cant simply discard him as a guy who has never been in the trenches. They will listen at some level.

I am worried that the diseased mentality of the Bills cuts too deep at this point to allow for a turn around by a coach. But, I have never been a player and I dont know that the coach doesnt have enough control to force them to straighten the heads out.

I also, feel that the Bills seem to always walk the toughest possible path. They dont realize that they need to step up and play strong, tough-minded, head-screwed-on-straight football until its too late for the season.

Anyways, I hear that Mularkey held double meetings today. That gives me some hope. It could just be that he sat everyone down, told them that from now on there will be punishment of some sort for stupid mistakes or gave them a chance to get it all out and spill out there minds to figure out where their heads are screwed up at this point. It could just be the defining moment for the Bills. Its not over by a long shot. But its gonna require a bigtime spark and a different team mentality to win the games. Hope springs eternal, and we will have to wait and see if the Bills have a true leader in Mularkey. I really hope so. But, the phrase "things going their way" and the Bills are simply at other ends of the earth for years now.

I would LOVE to see this team step up and play quality ball for their coach, the fans, and themselves. I would love to see the Bills build a home-grown hero for a coach and stomp into the playoffs and someday the SB to get there first win. I would love that, I will always root for it and I guess Im willing to hang in there and keep hoping. I want to see a big comeback, what a story that would be! Id love for it to start this weekend against the Jests. Lets try hard to keep the faith.

Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, I was remembering training camp and one of the first comments I heard from Mularkey was that family and home life was pretty damn important and that players should pay attention to it. I think it was more in the context of not being there till all hours of the night watching tape.

56685[/snapback]

MM = Kay Stephenson ??

If Parcells would have benched Drew by now, why hasn't he benched Vinny? Drew's QB rating is above his...

So I'll disagree with that statement, but overall, I agree with the gist of your post.

You might be right about MM but if so, it is a shame, because my instincts tell me that he is a clearly superior headcoach than GW.

One thing I am sure of is that it is truly time for a new defensive coordinator. When was the last time you were even semi-comfortable on a 3rd, or even 4th and long?