Willis

CAT

Willis says he did not lift diring offseason. Backs like Barber power lift. Would that help him be tougher and maybe try to pass block. Seems like that is an effort thing. Not a great back unless you block and make people miss.

Willis says he did not lift diring offseason.  Backs like Barber power lift.  Would that help him be tougher and maybe try to pass block.  Seems like that is an effort thing.  Not a great back unless you block and make people miss.

784874[/snapback]

you don't have to necessarily lift weights to gain strength.

The guy ran for 150 yards. I'm as critical as they come when speaking of mcgahee, but I can't put this on him. His toughness or strength isn't the problem. He made a mistake and didn't pick up a blitzer, just like losman did when he threw the pick.

:lol: Willis is interested only in his carries and playing out his contract so he can get out of Buffalo. His blocking is a disgrace, and is going to get JP killled before this seaon ends. Willis has his eyes set on playing for a Florida team; the hell with pass blocking.

His upper body is very strong, amongst the strongest in the league. What he did in the offseason was getting his lower body stronger, he'll have more power in his legs, he's faster. He already has a nasty stiff-arm, he can also be a decent pass blocker too, when he tries to be.

I just wish the Bills would start using him in the passing game like they said they would and it would also be nice if Losman would stop throwing it so high on the short passes.

His upper body is very strong, amongst the strongest in the league. What he did in the offseason was getting his lower body stronger, he'll have more power in his legs, he's faster. He already has a nasty stiff-arm, he can also be a decent pass blocker too, when he tries to be.

I just wish the Bills would start using him in the passing game like they said they would and it would also be nice if Losman would stop throwing it so high on the short passes.

784882[/snapback]

i think that was a result of the rain/wind combo. that and the fact that JP was having visions in his head of his first 4th quarter comeback.

let's hope he can pull one out next week

:lol:  Willis is interested only in his carries and playing out his contract so he can get out of Buffalo. His blocking is a disgrace, and is going to get JP killled before this seaon ends.  Willis has his eyes set on playing for a Florida team; the hell with pass blocking.

784880[/snapback]

O really? Thanks Chris Mortensen.

I suppose the reason Willis always falls forward after contact and is rarely driven backwards is a result of being weak......traditional weights (bench, squat, etc is not the only way to build core strength either. McGahee wiffed on the wide block today, but last week he picked up two guys on a blitz on the same play. To say he is uninspired and plays like he wants out is ignorant and off base

:lol:  Willis is interested only in his carries and playing out his contract so he can get out of Buffalo. His blocking is a disgrace, and is going to get JP killled before this seaon ends.  Willis has his eyes set on playing for a Florida team; the hell with pass blocking.

784880[/snapback]

I wish I had the power to ban ...

784880[/snapback]

Link??

You know this how? Because you've talked to him personally? Yeah, I thought so. Cripes, put a sock in it. The fugging fatalist mentality around here is getting ridiculously tired. :D

McGahee wiffed on the wide block today, but last week he picked up two guys on a blitz on the same play.  To say he is uninspired and plays like he wants out is ignorant and off base

785115[/snapback]

I was at the game and very disappointed when McGahee whiffed on that black.. Game blunder in my opinion. But thanks for reminding all of us about that great block last week because as angry as I am at McGahee for that miss today, I quickly forgot about that good play last week. So ya I don't think McGahee plays uninspired football. He did have a great game running today. It's just a shame that miss block led to such a huge turnover and turning point in the game.

784880[/snapback]

B.S. If you listened to his interview after the game, he took the blame for missing that block, and even said mistakes like that are what's keeping the team from winning.

Whether he will leave Buffalo or not we don't know, but he does care about winning and never complains about not getting the ball enough or around the goal line or anything else.

The guy's been nothing but a team player since he's been in Buffalo, yet still people say he's only interested in stats and will hold out next year.....etc.

He didn't even complain last year in Mularkey's offense when he came out in passing situations for Shaud Williams.

He said he didnt work out his upperbody, he thinks he has enough strength there, he focused on his legs. As he may seem like a seasoned vet on our extremely young team, he too is young. He is an amazing talent hopefully he matures out of his miami thug attitude and realize if he wants to really be the best back in the league it comes by hard work along with your talent, A half ass Willis is alot better then most backs in the league but a Walter Payton he is not

What evidence do you have that suggests that he wants out of Buffalo to play for a Florida team?

Yeah, I know he's from there and I also know that his agent is an a-hole, but has he ever mentioned anything to this affect?

<_<  Willis is interested only in his carries and playing out his contract so he can get out of Buffalo. His blocking is a disgrace, and is going to get JP killled before this seaon ends.  Willis has his eyes set on playing for a Florida team; the hell with pass blocking.

784880[/snapback]

<_<  Willis is interested only in his carries and playing out his contract so he can get out of Buffalo. His blocking is a disgrace, and is going to get JP killled before this seaon ends.  Willis has his eyes set on playing for a Florida team; the hell with pass blocking.

784880[/snapback]

What is the O-lines excuse for not pass blocking? These guys are whiffing on blocks all day long and THEY are the reason JP may get killed someday.