If you could give the Bills a superbowl win....

ajzepp

...by taking away Dick Vermeil's superbowl win a few years ago, KNOWING that he'd never win another one, would you do it?

The more I see on this guy the more respect I have for him. Yeah, I know.....he cries. So friggin what? The guy is more of a man by crying, in my opinion. I laughed in 1997 when I saw that he got the Rams job. I've never been so wrong about anything, though. The guy knows football. He knows his players. And he, more than just about anyone I can think of, really did DESERVE to win it all.

If I could go back in time and change it so that the Bills won one of the four, but I had to take away Vermeil's win, I just don't think I'd do it.

speak for yourself! The hell with Vermeil, you play this game to win superbowls, every man for himself.

56612[/snapback]

lol......well part of me feels that way, too......but if you had the power to take away Vermeil's ring, and you KNOW it would start him crying and all that.....how could you live with yourself knowing you were the cause of that? lol C'mon, this is one of the best people in football history! :(

Dude, I can't even figure out what the hell this thread is about.  Who the hell is Dick Vermeil to me and why do I care if he never won a Super Bowl?

56657[/snapback]

Well, what it's REALLY about is getting away from some of the negativity a tad and maybe having a positive thought about someone in the NFL. I can't find a whole lot positive with my team right now, so instead of continuing to diagnose what is wrong with them, I just thought it might be nice to acknowledge someone in the NFL that I admire. I know that there is a huge risk attempting such a thing on this board, but what the hell :angry:

To see the Bills win the superbowl....hmmm....let me think.....

I'd steal that ring and kick him in the nutz for good measure :angry:

56654[/snapback]

lmao

If it meant taking away the pope's hat I would want a Super Bowl win for Buffalo.

If it meant taking away my high schools books, computers, and all other resources, I would want a Super Bowl for Buffalo.

If it meant taking away the invention of modern medicine, I would want a Super Bowl for Buffalo.

Dick Vermeil? Who gives a rats f-cking ass about him? Seriously?

Where in the WORLD did this thread come from?

I mean, really.

There are alot of "good people" in the league, just like there are alot of Ray Lewises.

I am so confused right now that my brain hurts.

Dick Vermeil?  Who gives a rats f-cking ass about him? Seriously?

I mean, really.

56890[/snapback]

Hmmmm......well, I guess I was all out of cracker-sniffing cockroach stories......I'll have to make sure my posts are up to your standards next time :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Hmmmm......well, I guess I was all out of cracker-sniffing cockroach stories......I'll have to make sure my posts are up to your standards next time  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

56901[/snapback]

haha... touche

my point wasnt that you posted it (god knows i post some dumb crap),

but you know us, we would give up most anything for those rings man...

And Dick Vermeil? Really - who cares?

Again, post whatever you want, but knowing the attitude of this board, you knew it was gonna be hard pressed to find someone to agree.

And do you even agree?

Would you NOT want a SB Trophy if it meant Dick fugging Vermeil got his taken away?

Really, who cares...

haha... touche

my point wasnt that you posted it (god knows i post some dumb crap),

but you know us, we would give up most anything for those rings man...

And Dick Vermeil? Really - who cares?

Again, post whatever you want, but knowing the attitude of this board,  you knew it was gonna be hard pressed to find someone to agree.

And do you even agree?

Would you NOT want a SB Trophy if it meant Dick fugging Vermeil got his taken away?

Really, who cares...

56902[/snapback]

Honestly, Im as interested in someone's disagreement as much as I am their agreement. But responses like "who cares?" or " this is a stupid post" don't exactly fuel the type of discussion I had in mind lol. To each their own, though :angry:

Honestly, Im as interested in someone's disagreement as much as I am their agreement.  But responses like "who cares?" or " this is a stupid post" don't exactly fuel the type of discussion I had in mind lol. To each their own, though :angry:

56908[/snapback]

you are right. sorry

to simply answer your question, i really dont care about dick vermeil or his tears. You think that makes him more of a man? I just think he's emotional.

But if it meant the bills NOT winning a SB so he could keep his? No way (in my opinion)

:angry:

If it meant taking away the pope's hat I would want a Super Bowl win for Buffalo.

If it meant taking away my high schools books, computers, and all other resources, I would want a Super Bowl for Buffalo.

If it meant taking away the invention of modern medicine, I would want a Super Bowl for Buffalo.

Dick Vermeil?  Who gives a rats f-cking ass about him? Seriously?

I mean, really.

There are alot of "good people" in the league, just like there are alot of Ray Lewises.

56890[/snapback]

The Pope does not wear a "hat". Otherwise I'm with you!

you are right. sorry

to simply answer your question, i really dont care about dick vermeil or his tears. You think that makes him more of a man? I just think he's emotional.

But if it meant the bills NOT winning a SB so he could keep his? No way (in my opinion)

:angry:

56922[/snapback]

I think I actually intended to expound on things a little more in my post, but I was afraid of going the same route as 4everBills.....the traitor that he is lol.

Here's the deal: Dick Vermeil cries and is very emotional, yes. But the guy appears to give his heart and soul - EVERYTHING he has - to his players and to his role as coach in general. I think if you can ever make a case for someone "deserving" something in sports, you can make a great case for him. Okay, so go back to the Bills superbowl years. Was I right there with the rest of the TRUE Bills fans for every super bowl trip and subsequent loss? Yep. Will I defend myself, you, and any other Bills fan who supported the team then and still supports them today? Hell yes. But as much as I would have given ANYTHING for just one of those teams to have won the ring, part of me can't help but also think that they just didn't deserve it. Those Bills teams did have a lot of heart and a lot of talent. But come on, everyone who lived anywhere near Orchard Park in those years knows damn well that some of the more important members of that team were living large off the field when they maybe could have spent a tad more time preparing as champions prepare, and not resting on their laurels. Their arrogance, swagger, and natural talent won a lot of games and gave us Bills fans a lot to be happy about. But it also gave them a false confidence that they could go the distance with players who had been taught to prepare by Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs, and Jimmy Johnson. In other words, as much as I wanted the Bills to have brought home a trophy or two, I also want us to be the most deserving team. We weren't.

The Pope does not wear a "hat".  Otherwise I'm with you!

56928[/snapback]

11 entries found for hat

hat

a. A head covering of distinctive color and shape worn as a symbol of office.

The Vatican can call it what they will, but the way I see it, its a hat! :devil: