Who on this franchise would do this?

RuntheDamnBall

This is not cool at all.

Coles-Bills

EXTRA POINTS

Receiver Laveranues Coles was walking off the field after the Jets’ season-ending victory against the Bills on Jan. 1 when a Bills’ linebacker approached him and made a homophobic comment having to do with Coles’s revelation earlier in the season that he was molested as a child. Coles was asked if the comment by the player, whom he refused to identify but who is still with the Bills, would add to his motivation to perform well Sunday.

“No,” Coles said. “I compete. I play hard.” He added: “People are going to have negative things to say. There’s nothing I can do about that.”

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see this happening, but I could be wrong.  I seriously doubt it was Fletcher or Spikes.  They don't seem the type to talk that type of smack.

781543[/snapback]

I wouldn't think so. Especially not Spikes because he wouldn't have seen the field. This strikes me as the kind of thing a weaker player says to catch an edge.

That's terrible.  Whoever said it should be off the team, I don't care if it was

Spikes or Fletcher.

781681[/snapback]

I agree. Talk about a low character move, that's just pathetic and completely inexcusable.

I am not upset with the comment itself, I'm upset at the timing. You just lost the game and then you pull out a nuke like that? What good does it do us? If you are going to pull a stunt like that, at least do it on a 3rd and 7.

781694[/snapback]

I think judging by your post about McMichael's wife and this one you might be in line for some sensitivity training. Some things are just not right at all to bring up, and using someone's experience of child abuse as an occasion for taunting is just about the worst thing I can think of in terms of non-physical harm.

If you're an inferior player, the last thing you have to do is prove you're an inferior human being to catch some kind of edge.