Chavez comments yesterday

OnTheRocks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious if there are any Liberals that thought the comments Chavez made toward President Bush yesterday were offensive.

Or is your hate toward GWB so deep you don't care?

781498[/snapback]

I thought that was Harry Reid for minute

Chavez is pretty much a dumbass. Some of his policies I agree with, others I don't, and his behavior is kind of antagonistic in a lot of ways. I'm not sure I'd call for his assassination like Pat Robertson, but sure, what he said was unwarranted.

What's the point? The manufacture of more outrage? Just what the world needs right about now.

Chavez is pretty much a dumbass.  Some of his policies I agree with, others I don't, and his behavior is kind of antagonistic in a lot of ways.  I'm not sure I'd call for his assassination like Pat Robertson, but sure, what he said was unwarranted.

What's the point?  The manufacture of more outrage?  Just what the world needs right about now.

781557[/snapback]

He's a third world tinhorn. Too bad Bill Clinton emasculated the black-ops aspects of the CIA.

He's a third world tinhorn. Too bad Bill Clinton emasculated the black-ops aspects of the CIA.

781580[/snapback]

Because democracy sucks? Because these kinds of things are obviously good for our standing in the world? How is it that one can get all defensive when people do blame America for underhanded dealings, and then turn around and blatantly advocate said underhanded moves?

I am curious if there are any Liberals that thought the comments Chavez made toward President Bush yesterday were offensive.

Or is your hate toward GWB so deep you don't care?

781498[/snapback]

I thought it was great. He was just so wonderfully....pathetic.

"He is the devil. The devil was here. It smells like sulfur. Seriously, that was the devil. The devil, the devil. In conclusion, George W. Bush is a poopy head."

Maybe it really is possible that Karl Rove secretly controls the world and lets these people get some air time every time an election is approaching. How much better does W look when you have the presidents of Iran and Venezuela on TV giving completely unhinged speeches?

Because democracy sucks?  Because these kinds of things are obviously good for our standing in the world?  How is it that one can get all defensive when people do blame America for underhanded dealings, and then turn around and blatantly advocate said underhanded moves?

781594[/snapback]

Oh, I'm not defensive about it at all. Not one bit. But he's way off if he says it happened under Bush's watch, seeing as that entire apparatus has been dead and buried for a LONG time.

I thought it was great.  He was just so wonderfully....pathetic. 

"He is the devil.  The devil was here.  It smells like sulfur.  Seriously, that was the devil.  The devil, the devil.  In conclusion, George W. Bush is a poopy head."

Maybe it really is possible that Karl Rove secretly controls the world and lets these people get some air time every time an election is approaching.  How much better does W look when you have the presidents of Iran and Venezuela on TV giving completely unhinged speeches?

781614[/snapback]

"It smells like sulfur up here." !@#$ing classic. :lol:

His actual speech, though, wasn't bad. Though it's probably the first time anyone called Bush a "neoliberal". :angry:

"It smells like sulfur up here."  !@#$ing classic.  :P

His actual speech, though, wasn't bad.  Though it's probably the first time anyone called Bush a "neoliberal".  0:)

781625[/snapback]

He was refering to neo-liberal economics. Bush has been fighting tooth and nail for the FTAA. So Chavez is right. So Bush is both a neo-conservative (in a foreign realtions realm) and a neo-liberal (in the economic realm). Just goes to show that labels are misleading.

Also, the "It smells like sulfer up here" statement is what I was refering to when I said I bet his speech was funny. Can you imagine him taking the podium sniffing around, and then saying that with his fingers pinching his nose?

He was refering to neo-liberal economics. Bush has been fighting tooth and nail for the FTAA. So Chavez is right. So Bush is both a neo-conservative (in a foreign realtions realm) and a neo-liberal (in the economic realm). Just goes to show that labels are misleading.

781782[/snapback]

I know. It's still pretty funny.

Charlie Rangel gets it:

'You do not come into my country, my congressional district, and you do not condemn my president. If there is any criticism of President Bush, it should be restricted to Americans, whether they voted for him or not. I just want to make it abundantly clear to Hugo Chavez or any other president, but do not come to the United States and think because we have problems with our president that any foreigner can come to our country and not think that Americans do not feel offended when you offend our Chief of State'...

Charlie Rangel gets it:

781827[/snapback]

Yep. Exactly. Just like is says in paragraph 2, subsection D(3) of the First Amendment, otherwise known as the "xenophobia exclusion" or the "please don't pick on us, we're too insecure to handle it" exception to free speech.

Jesus Christ. Some piss-ant bantamweight boxer leading a shithole third-world South American country tells the UN he doesn't like George Bush. Who gives a flying !@#$?

Also, the "It smells like sulfer up here" statement is what I was refering to when I said I bet his speech was funny. Can you imagine him taking the podium sniffing around, and then saying that with his fingers pinching his nose?

781782[/snapback]

The video was on TV all day yesterday. The first time he said "the devil was here yesterday" he stopped and crossed himself and looked towards Heaven. The man is incredibly ridiculous.

Maybe you should ask Clinton himself:

"Hugo Chavez said something that was wrong yesterday, unbecoming a head of state," the former president told NBC's "Today" show Thursday. "All that name-calling is undignified and not helpful, and it's not true."