Things seem a bit too optomistic

bg17

I am as pleased as everyone else with the results of the first two weeks. Seems a little too giddy around here and the airwaves however. Mixed in with all the positives is a run defense that is highly suspect. Thank Meathead for not running the ball more. Time of possesion will be an issue all season. Combine that with an offensive line that nobody will argue is a top-level unit and an offense in general that will probably not be overly explosive and you have a team that will struggle to finish 8-8. Definitely appear to be on the right track but many seem to be expecting something unrealistic for the remainder of this season.

I am as pleased as everyone else with the results of the first two weeks. Seems a little too giddy around here and the airwaves however. Mixed in with all the positives is a run defense that is highly suspect. Thank Meathead for not running the ball more. Time of possesion will be an issue all season. Combine that with an offensive line that nobody will argue is a top-level unit and an offense in general that will probably not be overly explosive and you have a team that will struggle to finish 8-8. Definitely appear to be on the right track but many seem to be expecting something unrealistic for the remainder of this season.

780394[/snapback]

I think you are wrong.....I think we are just happy because we know we will have a team in the future....some of the question marks have been answered

I don't think any of us believe we are going to win the superbowl.....

we just want to be happy each week.

You should throw your blanket in the dryer. It's wet.

780428[/snapback]

All the media attention is starting to make me nervous.

Let's hope DJ keeps these guys grounded, and that homefield and the 12th man help them Sunday.

BLAST THE JETS

Most of us went into the season with level headed or low expectations. The one big expectation is that this team would be IN games to the wire and make it interesting while on the learning curve. They've done that so far, and ended up with a tough road split.

If that's not cause for excitement, I don't know what is. We've got a Jets team that we've been picked to fight for the basement with, next. Win it and we are above .500 for the first time in close to two years. I am all for the optimism.

All the media attention is starting to make me nervous.

Let's hope DJ keeps these guys grounded, and that homefield and the 12th man help them Sunday.

BLAST THE JETS

780434[/snapback]

My thought exactly. The key to making the playoffs (and yes, there are many) is trying to be strong at home and at least .500 at home. If we can win 6 of 8 at home and go 4-4 on the road, (1-1) so far...we are there.

I agree to some extent. I thought 8-8 was a pipedream but was remotely possible, and if that happened DJ and ML should be canonized here in WNY (Actually I guess ML has already been canonized here). However I gotta admit the team is performing far better than I anticipated. Are there still weaknesses? Yup..run defense and the offense has to operate on more cylinders in the future. I'm not believing we are playoff contenders yet, but I'm pretty dam giddy about our performance in both of the two games we've played.

There's absolutely no reason that anyone should temper their optimism. It's been few and far between that we've had a good solid victory to enjoy and make us feel good about the team, and I don't see any reason to piss in everyones cheerios. We went into Miami and beyotch slapped our hated rivals, whch resulted in them being pretty much lambasted by the media - both national and (florida) local. That's pretty damn satisfying!

If the team craps the bed next week, we'll worry about it then....

Yeah, lets go back to the doom and gloom that was ever so present here during the off season. The Bills have looked good, but don't get optimistic cause they are just going to screw it up and win the Quinn sweepstakes.

The team is finally playing good and showing signs of improvement. Its not like people are planning their Bills Super Bowl parties already. People are optimistic because so far, they have looked like a good team that is finally starting to look like a team on the rise