Any info on Youbouty: Is he ready to

ganesh

It was the TD where NE split Faulk out of the backfield and went empty in order to get him matched up on a LB, which they did and he beat the LB to the back right corner and made a diving TD catch. I don't remember which 'backer Faulk beat as there was a bit of a revolving door going on over there after Takeo went down and I think they eventually tried Haggan, Ellison and Crowell over there.

780372[/snapback]

It was Crowell that was covering Faulk.

The TD was to Faulk.

And I hope Youboty can get in there quickly, but I think that he'll be saved for next year.

780214[/snapback]

On the other hand, I don't know that we can possible hit on all our draft picks.... We've already got Whitner, Simpson, Williams, and Ellison looking pretty good so far.

If McCargo and Yobouty also pan out, and those four rookies keep up the good work, it would be one of the best draft classes ever....

JDG

On the other hand, I don't know that we can possible hit on all our draft picks....  We've already got Whitner, Simpson, Williams, and Ellison looking pretty good so far. 

If McCargo and Yobouty also pan out, and those four rookies keep up the good work, it would be one of the best draft classes ever....

JDG

780540[/snapback]

And I still have high hopes on Brad Butler. He can be a good OL player in a year or two.

On the other hand, I don't know that we can possible hit on all our draft picks....  We've already got Whitner, Simpson, Williams, and Ellison looking pretty good so far. 

I think that pre-start of training camp, Youboty had the highest chance of success of the non-1st round picks. I think he can be a good one. But that remains to be seen.

As for McCargo, as has been said, it sometimes takes a year for DT's to develop. Look at Kris Jenkins of the Panthers.

And I think Brad Butler has a real chance to become a good RT. Pennington and Merz I don't feel so high on. And Ellison has been a total surprise.

And Ellison has been a total surprise.

780670[/snapback]

Ellison is a surprise because no one ever heard of him, but he was a stud at Oregon. He was a tackling machine and the heart and soul of their D. I was very excited that he was still available so late. I didn't think he would play this much so soon, but it's nice to know we have backups that can step in and not miss a beat (at least at LB).

I was very impressed with Brad Butler in preseason....I think he can make a contrbution next year.

I am pretty sure he would look better then Villy at RG RIGHT NOW

780660[/snapback]

I thought Butler was drafted as a Tackle ?