HD This Week!!

johnnychemo

I just got a 42" plasma on Saturday. Watched the game in HD on sunday for the first time ever. I don't think I can ever watch a game that isn't in HD any more. It was THAT good.

However, I'm mad they still don't pan back enough to show the defensive safeties before the snap - even in widescreen. Stupid.+

I just got a 42" plasma on Saturday. Watched the game in HD on sunday for the first time ever. I don't think I can ever watch a game that isn't in HD any more. It was THAT good.

However, I'm mad they still don't pan back enough to show the defensive safeties before the snap - even in widescreen. Stupid.+

779577[/snapback]

Good going! I'm not very knowledgable on HD tv sets, but the word-of-mouth I've picked up say good things about the plasma screens.

Good going! I'm not very knowledgable on HD tv sets, but the word-of-mouth I've picked up say good things about the plasma screens.

779585[/snapback]

I have a 50" LCD, and your right,its hard to watch a regular broadcast after HD.I have DTV and the SUNDAY TICKET but I am reluctant to pay the xtra 100 bucks for the RED Zone Package.Combine it cost about 350 to have the Ticket and Red Zone which i think is steep.

I have a 50" LCD, and your right,its hard to watch a regular broadcast after HD.I have DTV and the SUNDAY TICKET but I am reluctant to pay the xtra 100 bucks for the RED Zone Package.Combine it cost about 350 to have the Ticket and Red Zone which i think is steep.

779604[/snapback]

How long have you been with direct tv? I'm only a new subscriber, so when I called about the sunday ticket, and complained that it was steep since I only want the HD games (not all the other bells and whistles) and they offered it to me for $50. I have read on other boards that if you have been with them a long time, and you call the retention folks at direct tv, they'll give it to you for free.

try it out.

Steve

How long have you been with direct tv? I'm only a new subscriber, so when I called about the sunday ticket, and complained that it was steep since I only want the HD games (not all the other bells and whistles) and they offered it to me for $50. I have read on other boards that if you have been with them a long time, and you call the retention folks at direct tv, they'll give it to you for free.

try it out.

Steve

779646[/snapback]

I got mine completely free for 2006 (as a long time customer) AND...get this.. a complete rebate for LAST YEAR'S Superfan fee (after I complained that there were only about 2or 3 Bills games offered in HD* through that package last year).

*There were 2 ESPN games in HD (not part of package), and the locally broadcast Falcons/Bills game in HD (blacked-out on Superfan package).

Trivia:

The first ever NFL HD broadcast game was the Jets and Bills in 1998. 8 seasons later and CBS can only manage 3 HD games per week. I can't believe that it is taking this long to make the total transition.

Directv isn't listing it yet, any idea what channel?

779798[/snapback]

It's on CBS, so 4-1 like the first two I would imagine.

Gotta agree on the consensus that SD game will now suck to watch after getting spoiled on HD. I got a 57" Hitachi widescreen rear projection set last year, and got HD over the summer. I still am amazed at the picture quality, and watching football in HD is the absolute mutts nuts!!

779577[/snapback]

I've had that same thought for awhile now :angry: They've definitely got enough room to do it, bit for some reason the camera angle always shows too much dead space behind the RB. ONLY complaint about HD :angry: