National TV Love from an NFL "expert"?!

Did anyone catch the halftime report of the Cowboys/Redskins game? They were doing the quick reviews of the game and when they got to Buffalo, Chris Collinsworth said:

"....and for the second week in a row, J.P. Losman and the Bills played teriffic. I'm telling ya folks, watch out for the Buffalo Bills!"

I just about crapped my pants when I heard that! No "the Dolphins lost the game" or "Deion Branch made him do it". Actual praise.

I forgot what that sounded like :doh:

Did anyone catch the halftime report of the Cowboys/Redskins game? They were doing the quick reviews of the game and when they got to Buffalo, Chris Collinsworth said:

"....and for the second week in a row, J.P. Losman and the Bills played teriffic. I'm telling ya folks, watch out for the Buffalo Bills!"

I just about crapped my pants when I heard that! No "the Dolphins lost the game" or "Deion Branch made him do it". Actual praise.

I forgot what that sounded like  :doh:

777343[/snapback]

I know a lot of people hate Collinsworth, and I think it has something to do with his dorkish looks circa John Clayton. I've always thought he's pretty good. He's always been fair to the Bills, giving credit where it's due, particularly during the Wade era (we haven't earned much credit since).

Al Michaels asked him about the Giants game, and he said: "I turned it off because it looked over and there were other close games going on." I mean, what analyst would admit that rather than pretend to have watched all 14 games from start to finish? I think he's fantastic.

I know it's cool to actually hear whoever say something good about our team..  But, am I in the minority here when I say, who cares what any of these talking heads say about the Bills?  Fug em!  :doh:

777354[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

Says the guy who has all the power rankings in his sig.

:lol: good one.

0:)  :w00t:

Says the guy who has all the power rankings in his sig.

:w00t: good one.

777359[/snapback]

I thought someone would answer with that, however I find it interesting that some of you really do take it to a personal level when someone rips your team. I really don't get it. I use the rankings as a tool to see where the rest of the country sees how we stack up as a team.

I use the rankings as a tool to see where the rest of the country sees how we stack up as a team.

777603[/snapback]

Which is why the "thin-skinned" Bills fans get so upset when one of the talking heads says something negative about the Bills...they don't like how the Bills are being percieved at a national level. 0:)

FWIW, most of what I have heard this morning (Mike & Mike, FOX) this victory for the Bills is being credited mostly to the defense, and the Dolphins ineptnes...one of the Mike's even said, something to the effect, "even though Losman is still terrible, the Bills hold on to win, thanks to a rusty Dolphins team, and a Daunte Culpepper, who is clearly not back to where he has to be...."

Along those same lines, on the CBS post-game show, Sterling Sharpe was asked what has happened to the highly touted Fish. He replied that what's happened in the media fault...every year the media builds up the Fish and every year they fail to meet those expectations. He asked if anyone had looked at WHO they beat during that "great " run at the end of last season.

Now THAT was refreshing to hear because it's 100% on the mark.

I know a lot of people hate Collinsworth, and I think it has something to do with his dorkish looks circa John Clayton.  I've always thought he's pretty good.  He's always been fair to the Bills, giving credit where it's due, particularly during the Wade era (we haven't earned much credit since). 

777351[/snapback]

In the days following his retirement from the Bengals in the mid-80's, he used

to criticize Kelly and Andre Reed a lot in his NBC broadcasts. The hatred of

Collingsworth, at least for me, came from that time....

He has mellowed down since and I think in the last 5+ years he has really

come on as a excellent broadcaster. Kudos to him.

777703[/snapback]

I think when he first came on as a broadcaster he tried too hard to "distance" himself from his playing days. He put on the "just because we played together recently doesn't mean I'm going to be all nice-nice to you" attitude, which ticked off a number of players. The "established" CC seems better, though, like the lot of them, can be a tool at times. Goes with the territory...

I'll take the suspense out of it and preview the excuses for the entire season:

Week One: Brady misses Branch and needs a hug

Week Two: Culpepper's knee is still not 100% and is not in sync with receivers

Week Three: Penningtons shoulder still limits what throws he can make

Week Four: Brad Johnson is only an aging serviceable QB with no true threats

Week Five: The Real Rex Grossman finally showed up

Week Six: The Detroit Lions would lose to a few college teams

Week Seven: Brady still misses Branch and the hug didn't workl

Week Eight: Bye, with no opponent to play of course the Bills would look ok, JP Still Sucks

Week Nine: Brett Favre is ancient with no weapons

Week Ten: The Colts overlooked the Bills and Peyton misses Edge

Week Eleven: The Texans O-line is minor league and they need Reggie Bush

Week Twelve: Byron Leftwich is hobbled and the Defense let them down

Week Thirteen: Phillip Rivers is STILL a rooke

Week Fourteen: Pennington's shoulder is about to go under the knife again

Week Fifteen: With Harrington and Culpepper in a QB controversey, theres no way they could win in the snow

Week Sixteen: The Vince Young development tour is in full swing

Week Seventeen: The Ravens have nothing to play for and sit their starters

777703[/snapback]

Hmmm....I don't remeber it that way at all...I just spent the last few months burining games from VHS to DVD....Collinsworth is on a number of them...the only one I remember him being a litttle criticle of was Bruce Smith for whining about his salary...in fact, all of the NBC guys, Collinsworth included seem pretty impressed with the Bills offense.

Either way, I like Collinsworth...always thought he was good. Like all ofthese guys now, he seems to have taken the approach that he always has to say something controversial...to me, even when he ends up being wrong, his opinions seem to be formulated with some knowledge, rather than the typical "I think the Carlina Panthers will win the Super Bowl this year, because....everyone else thinks they will too..." kind of nonsense...