I need an attention 'diverter' tonight

Beerball

That makes sense, cause there is like this synergy between the ingredients....I know that sounds stupid (  :pirate:  ) but my brother was the same way. He won't touch raisins, but he loves oatmeal raisin cookies.

774694[/snapback]

That's funny cause I love raisins but can't stand them in cookies. :devil:

My favorite cookies are homemade chocolate chip cookies made with milk chocolate chips. Yummmmm.

oh god! your killing me with the talk of gigaleni's and cucidati(sp?) etc....man i mis my grandmother, she always made these cookies and sent them to all the grandkids for christmas

Oooh how I wish I had both right now!  We make them with raisins and Walnuts, and I think the kicker is ground cloves or nutmeg. There is also a simple cookie with sesame seeds called Gigaleni? that we make. Those are the big 3.

Another good Italian dessert is Sfinge. It is basically the dough to a creampuff, but is deep fried, then you put powder sugar on it. We make those for St Joseph's day in March. These too are addictive.

774747[/snapback]

I miss Wegmans so much.... :o

We have a chain in the south called Publix, which is good, but still falls short of Wegmans by a pretty large margin. Hell, it falls short of the Wegmans of fifteen years ago!

774682[/snapback]

I lived in Florida for five years and listened to some of the natives tell me how Publix was the best grocery store in the country, and how they have the best subs. Naturally, I tried to defend Wegmans' honor, but some of them Southerners can be pretty stubborn...

BTW Publix isn't too bad, and their subs are not bad either, but they aren't even close to Wegmans...

End thread hijack.

I lived in Florida for five years and listened to some of the natives tell me how Publix was the best grocery store in the country, and how they have the best subs.  Naturally, I tried to defend Wegmans' honor, but some of them Southerners can be pretty stubborn...

BTW Publix isn't too bad, and their subs are not bad either, but they aren't even close to Wegmans...

End thread hijack.

775034[/snapback]

Publix is my favorite among the supermarkets down here, but I agree with you totally....Wegmans is the easily the best.

If you find a chain that actually carries a product like that, please let me know. Seems like I only find it at grocery stores with bored and creative employees. There was this one store near me that would bake cinnamon raisin bread and then put that icing all over the top of it.....hot damn that was good.

My grandmother used to make sugar cookies with this sort of icing, and I remember her saying that the icing was ridiculously easy to make....I just never got around to asking her what to do, but I'm sure I could easily find some recipes online for it. I'm just afraid of what the results would be if left up to me to actually try and make them, lol.

774687[/snapback]

I believe the icing is just powdered sugar, milk, butter and vanilla flavor. :o