Anyone own a Dodge Avenger?

ajzepp

I need a "stop-gap" car to get me through until the first part of next year....I found a '99 Avenger ES with 87k miles on it for $2200. Has a rebuilt auto transmission, new tires, seems to be in good working order....I looked on Edmunds.com and this particular model seems to have decent customer feedback, but I've never owned a Dodge and know nothign about this car.

I need some feedback quick...can anyone help?

I need a "stop-gap" car to get me through until the first part of next year....I found a '99 Avenger ES with 87k miles on it for $2200. Has a rebuilt auto transmission, new tires, seems to be in good working order....I looked on Edmunds.com and this particular model seems to have decent customer feedback, but I've never owned a Dodge and know nothign about this car.

I need some feedback quick...can anyone help?

770093[/snapback]

I had a 96 Avenger ES. I got about 133 K out of it. It was a good performing car but it was cheaply made. Nothing major ever really went wrong but knobs, switches, weather stripping, latches etc kept breaking off. Paint was easily scratched. Windshield cracked whenever any little thing hit it.

I had a 96 Avenger ES.  I got about 133 K out of it.  It was a good performing car but it was cheaply made.  Nothing major ever really went wrong but knobs, switches, weather stripping, latches etc kept breaking off.  Paint was easily scratched.  Windshield cracked whenever any little thing hit it.

770242[/snapback]

Sounds like some of the Dodge minivans my parents have owned over the years. :angry:

I had a 96 Avenger ES.  I got about 133 K out of it.  It was a good performing car but it was cheaply made.  Nothing major ever really went wrong but knobs, switches, weather stripping, latches etc kept breaking off.  Paint was easily scratched.  Windshield cracked whenever any little thing hit it.

770242[/snapback]

That sounds pretty consistent with what's going on with this car....the guy said it's got some dings and needs some small touch ups here and there. I can live with that as long as it gets me from point A to point B, and until I can get a new car toward the end of the year.

Thanks for the feedback!

they arent bad little cars..basically they are an eclipse with a dodge body.  As long as it rolls and does what you need it to do, 2grand isnt horrid for it

770300[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm not looking to pick up chicks in it....just get me to work and back for a while until I can get what I want.

Actually it was a cousin to the Sebring.

770309[/snapback]

The 2-doors and 4-doors were of different body construction.

The 4-door Chrysler Sebring = Dodge Stratus = Plymouth Breeze.

The 2-door Dodge Avenger = Mitsubishi Eclipse = Chrysler Sebring Coupe

Of those constructions, only the 4 door Sebring and Stratus remain in production; the recent Eclipse is a new design.

It's better than a Honda FIT.

770915[/snapback]

My official view on that is that if it's good enough for Ed, it's good enough for me :lol:

Yeah, I'm not looking to pick up chicks in it....just get me to work and back for a while until I can get what I want.

770302[/snapback]

When you get your new car, did you take a look at the Mazda 3 sport? I test drove one and it has a Euro feel to it.