Running Controversy??

I'd rather have a great offensive line and two OK running backs.  Seriously, if the Bills selected an offensive or defensive lineman in the first round of every draft, I don't think I'd complain.

770953[/snapback]

Exactly how I feel. Great lines make mediocre backs look like Canton nominees.

I'd rather have a great offensive line and two OK running backs.  Seriously, if the Bills selected an offensive or defensive lineman in the first round of every draft, I don't think I'd complain.

770953[/snapback]

If you modify your statement to first or second round you'd be very close.

Flowers round 1

Schobel round 2

Williams round 1

Denney round 2

Kelsay round 2

2004/5

none

McCargo round 1

Perhaps you needed to add..."that pans out".

Drafting high & often only works if you draft well as well.

Other than that pitiful performance on the fourth down, I thought McGahee had a good game yesterday, but A-Train was a VERY pleasant surprise.....he might already be my choice on short yardage - no dancing behind the line with this guy!

769710[/snapback]

WTH's everyone suggesting that Thomas get more thinking?

He had three carries. Big deal. So what if one was for 18 yards. He's had seven seasons to prove something and all that he's proven is that he sucks and wasn't the RB that the Bears thought he would be. Sound familiar.

We have a pair of losers at RB. Controversy my left cheek. We have a choice between two stiffs. One that's gonna string some other team out, hopefully not us, and one that already has.

Exactly how I feel. Great lines make mediocre backs look like Canton nominees.

771299[/snapback]

Can you say Mike Anderson, Rueben Droughns, Olandis Gary, Terrel Davis. That's right, I said Terrel Davis too. Any Denver running back has been made to look good behind their line.

Can you say Mike Anderson, Rueben Droughns, Olandis Gary, Terrel Davis. That's right, I said Terrel Davis too. Any Denver running back has been made to look good behind their line.

771350[/snapback]

I was thinking of Denver when I posted that. Also KC to a certain extent. I always thought that Holmes was a good back but not a particularly extrodinary one. He's strong but nearly as talented as LT.

If you modify your statement to first or second round you'd be very close.

Flowers round 1

771301[/snapback]

Disaster.

Schobel round 2

771301[/snapback]

Good.

Williams round 1

Denney round 2

771301[/snapback]

Williams was a disaster. Denney is alright.

Kelsay round 2

771301[/snapback]

Kelsay is OK, but we could use some offensive line.

2004/5

none

771301[/snapback]

?????

McCargo round 1

771301[/snapback]

Too early to tell. But when we traded up I was sure it was going to be for a guard.

Anyways, we drafted one person for the O-line in the first two rounds since 2000. During that same time span, we drafted FOUR DE's and one DT. The offensive line is never going to improve if we don't invest in it.