Running Controversy??

Other than that pitiful performance on the fourth down, I thought McGahee had a good game yesterday, but A-Train was a VERY pleasant surprise.....he might already be my choice on short yardage - no dancing behind the line with this guy!

769710[/snapback]

If it's fourth and 1 I think I'll go with A-Train this Sunday. He's the bigger back. I don't want to worry Willis with what down it is or how far he has to go. Let him spend fourth down playing Sony PSP on the bench.

If it's fourth and 1 I think I'll go with A-Train this Sunday.  He's the bigger back.  I don't want to worry Willis with what down it is or how far he has to go.  Let him spend fourth down playing Sony PSP on the bench.

769787[/snapback]

Let him play his psp the rest of the season.He talks a good game but doesnt back it up.Hes heartless and lacks passion and needs to find another team.Atrain on the other hand,plays with Passion and it shows

Other than that pitiful performance on the fourth down, I thought McGahee had a good game yesterday, but A-Train was a VERY pleasant surprise.....he might already be my choice on short yardage - no dancing behind the line with this guy!

769710[/snapback]

Don (or anybody)....why did AT get so little play as of late? Was he seriously injured? If so, we might see him actually get better as the season progresses.

I remember thinking that he was VERY good on the Bears.

Don (or anybody)....why did AT get so little play as of late? Was he seriously injured? If so, we might see him actually get better as the season progresses.

769925[/snapback]

I've been watching him for a long time - (Big Michigan fan here). I'm still a McGahee fan - I think he has big talent, but in some situations, I think we'll be very glad to have AT - they are a very good tandem.

Let him play his psp the rest of the season.He talks a good game but doesnt back it up.Hes heartless and lacks passion and needs to find another team.Atrain on the other hand,plays with Passion and it shows

769901[/snapback]

Great example of the fallacy of ignorance. You personally believe you havent seem McGahee show heart and passion, so therefore he must not be playing with heart and passion. Ignorance.

Put them both back there with JP in the shotgun. Royal looked like garbage and Everett needs time. Go 3 wide, keep them in for blitz protection and let one or both slip out for a pattern. Not every series, but for a changeup and maybe on 3rd. It really looked like Thomas had a new gear from the preseason.

769901[/snapback]

He has 3 tds and a little over 500 yds in three seasons. Willis ( although dumb as can be) is far and away a better rb than A-Train. Lets be serious there is no controversy.

Put them both back there with JP in the shotgun. Royal looked like garbage and Everett needs time. Go 3 wide, keep them in for blitz protection and let one or both slip out for a pattern. Not every series, but for a changeup and maybe on 3rd. It really looked like Thomas had a new gear from the preseason.

770208[/snapback]

Royal looked like garbage. The only ugly thing I saw him do was make a stupid block in the back,

First Mularkey took Willis out on 3rd downs and goal line, now we are going to take him out on 4th downs too. I guess we could join the idiots who want him benched on 1st and 2nd downs as well

I like A-Train as a 2nd back, but let's not jump on the Clueless "Willis isn't a stud" train and it's non-stop service to Stupid Land. The guy is not a model citizen or a Rhodes scholar, but he is one of the most talented football players we have.

769925[/snapback]

My sense is that Jauron is making decisions about playing time based on his particular plan and you did not see A-Train employed as much as he could have been in pre-season and relied upon less in pre-season than he was Sunday because Jauron felt he already knew enough about what he could do he saw no reason to get more looks at him in different situations.

Another part od perception of play for us fans is also the amount of chatter about that player on TSW. AT drew little chatter here and what he did was generally negative as folks wrote him off or declared him a goner because many posters had adopted Gates as their new savior of the day.

First Mularkey took Willis out on 3rd downs and goal line, now we are going to take him out on 4th downs too.  I guess we could join the idiots who want him benched on 1st and 2nd downs as well

I like A-Train as a 2nd back, but let's not jump on the Clueless "Willis isn't a stud" train and it's non-stop service to Stupid Land.  The guy is not a model citizen or a Rhodes scholar, but he is one of the most talented football players we have.

770336[/snapback]

Notice, I said Willis had a good game (except for that one play) - if AT continues to play as well - using him on short yardage might be a good option, using him where he adds more value and reducing wear and tear on him. These are not solid opinions, the season has just started - let's see what happens.

Notice, I said Willis had a good game (except for that one play) - if AT continues to play as well - using him on short yardage might be a good option, using him where he adds more value and reducing wear and tear on him.  These are not solid opinions, the season has just started - let's see what happens.

770443[/snapback]

Among the few things which the announcing team seemed to get right Sunday was the growing trend in the NFL to run offense which feature two RBs rather than having one RB who is the always go-to guy and you see his back-up only if you look hard during ST play.

You see this type of approach where a team like NO has no problem having both a Reggie Bush and a Deuce McCalister on the qquad when in the past the team and players might judge that there are not enough carries available for two RBs.

However, the economics of the NFL change so that even a #2 RB is making enough $ in the brief career of an RB to live royalty the job can be shared. In addition, LBs and other tacklers are so big and fast, taking the pounding of being the sole runner is actually a ticket to a shorter career.

The good news for Bills fans about AT's productive work on Sunday is not that it means WM is gone for those who seem to dislike him, but that actually we may well have two RNs who can split the load depending upon who is hot at the time.

I've been watching him for a long time - (Big Michigan fan here).  I'm still a McGahee fan - I think he has big talent, but in some situations, I think we'll be very glad to have AT - they are a very good tandem.

770166[/snapback]

And alot more teams seem to be going with the "tandem tailback" system over the traditional "1 guy carries the load" scheme of things. Look at Denver, NY Giants, maybe the Bills, Saints, Bears, Patriots, Packers, Cowboys, and the Titans. Everybody is starting to have atleast 2 quality RB's that are shouldering the load.

And alot more teams seem to be going with the "tandem tailback" system over the traditional "1 guy carries the load" scheme of things. Look at Denver, NY Giants, maybe the Bills, Saints, Bears, Patriots, Packers, Cowboys, and the Titans. Everybody is starting to have atleast 2 quality RB's that are shouldering the load.

770485[/snapback]

It seems teams are realizing that pounding the ball relentlessly is a quicker way to success than spending years developing a QB to throw the ball 50 times a game. In the era of the "copy cat" league, a lot of teams of going the Steelers route.

Royal looked like garbage. The only ugly thing I saw him do was make a stupid block in the back,

770316[/snapback]

I guess you missed the 3rd and 2 where the ball bounced like Pam Anderson's breasts, out of his hands. Or the blocking of air on a few of the JP jailbreaks. I think he had a holding call that was declined also. The best thing he has done is run in motion before a play, or pull on a counter. I was not happy for most of the game with him.....the penalty had me screaming to cut his a$$.

Two very good running backs is the way to go.  I would have run them between tackles all game (especially the second half).  Believe me, after a 30 plus carry game both of them would be so exhausted they would be grateful the other one was there.

770523[/snapback]

I'd rather have a great offensive line and two OK running backs. Seriously, if the Bills selected an offensive or defensive lineman in the first round of every draft, I don't think I'd complain.

I think WM gasping for air and his steady decline as the game goes on is indicative of a person not in game shape yet. Or maybe the training at the U is less stamina building than we think. He may have thought dropping some pounds would help his stamina but clearly he needs work. In the preseason when he ran the 65 yard run, he would have died if it was 10 yards longer.

His stamina could be a wearing down from the pounding along with his needing to be in better shape. We are nuts if we don't use both backs as other successful teams are doing. This wekend in Miami will be brutal and we will wilt like last year in Tampa Bay unless we rotate ALL personnel, including the RB's. AT will also give WM competition needed to get WM performing better.

In conclusion, rotate the backs to give backs a rest, change of pace, more beef on short yardage and saving the bodies of the backs to perform better and longer. WM needs to come to camp in better shape, stamina wise.