ATTITUDE: It's Not About One Game

Ennjay

Maybe this has already been said but I don't have the patience to read every post on the board.

This Bills team is not going to win the Super Bowl this year. It's not about eking out a win here or there, although the wins are nice, but rather it's about building a solid team that wins every week and rolls into the playoffs and beyond. Which means no more "we're a young and inexperienced (and inept) team that has to be grateful for what we can get, especially on the road against a good team" -- that's all true, but it's not going to win a Super Bowl.

I thought Jauron, in his way, was calling out his own team. He was saying, "There's work to be done. You guys go out and do it. And then we'll see who's ready to play."

Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas and Kent Hull and Darryl Talley and a lot of other glory-days Bills would not be whining (like some fans -- not the players) about going for it on 4th down. They'd be pissed as hell that the offense couldn't pick up one GD yard. And they'd be taking it out on the next team they played. THAT's the attitude you want.

One last thing: Jauron saying after the game he might take the call back is just him taking the heat for his players. I expect the guys in the locker room know better.

I thought Jauron, in his way, was calling out his own team.  He was saying, "There's work to be done.  You guys go out and do it.  And then we'll see who's ready to play."

769524[/snapback]

There's only 16 games. It's about one game. They can go puff their chests and gain self-esteem before or after.

The 4th and 1 call was a call 90-95% of us wanted Jauron to make at the time. What bothered me more than even failing to get the first was the shutdown of the offense in the second half. They simply did not play well save for that one drive that ended on downs.

What I was looking for waa a solid second half peformance. One that showed they came to play. Sadly, it was too similar to last year's second half play. Disappointing.

Also, for TKO to work so hard to get back, make a big play, and then suffer the hammy injury, gave me a bad feeling that the second half fulfilled.

On a positive, I liked the way the "D" was swarming to the ball, especially in the first half when the front four was actually putting some heat on Brady.

My pick for the most obvious blown call.....how about Light's hold of Schoebel that was as blatant as any I've ever seen?

There seems to be this idea that if we go for it on 4th down, we teach our team to have the killer instinct, like the patsies, who made two of them. But part of me feels like this is asking your team to run before they can walk. For a team that has shown itself to be incapable of the knockdown punch, putting them at 4th and goal is setting them up to fail. why not take the figgie and give them a taste of modest success? On such baby steps, bigger things are built.

Maybe this has already been said but I don't have the patience to read every post on the board.

This Bills team is not going to win the Super Bowl this year.  It's not about eking out a win here or there, although the wins are nice, but rather it's about building a solid team that wins every week and rolls into the playoffs and beyond.  Which means no more "we're a young and inexperienced (and inept) team that has to be grateful for what we can get, especially on the road against a good team" -- that's all true, but it's not going to win a Super Bowl.

I thought Jauron, in his way, was calling out his own team.  He was saying, "There's work to be done.  You guys go out and do it.  And then we'll see who's ready to play."

Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas and Kent Hull and Darryl Talley and a lot of other glory-days Bills would not be whining (like some fans -- not the players) about going for it on 4th down.  They'd be pissed as hell that the offense couldn't pick up one GD yard.  And they'd be taking it out on the next team they played.  THAT's the attitude you want.

One last thing:  Jauron saying after the game he might take the call back is just him taking the heat for his players.  I expect the guys in the locker room know better.

769524[/snapback]

The 4th and 1 call was a call 90-95% of us wanted Jauron to make at the time. What bothered me more than even failing to get the first was the shutdown of the offense in the second half. They simply did not play well save for that one drive that ended on downs.

What I was looking for waa a solid second half peformance. One that showed they came to play. Sadly, it was too similar to last year's second half play. Disappointing.

Also, for TKO to work so hard to get back, make a big play, and then suffer the hammy injury, gave me a bad feeling that the second half fulfilled.

On a positive, I liked the way the "D" was swarming to the ball, especially in the first half when the front four was actually putting some heat on Brady.

My pick for the most obvious blown call.....how about Light's hold of Schoebel that was as blatant as any I've ever seen?

769549[/snapback]

They didn't make the right adjustments to BB adjustments at half time. It's a chess match out there !

I agree, good call to go for it on 4th. Sends a message to the team that we are going for the throat. It's only a bad call if you don't make it, which unfortunately happened. If they go for the field goal and miss or there's a bad snap, everyone on this board would be screaming that they should have gone for it. It's great being a Monday morning quarterback, you're never wrong!!!