****** Over by the Refs Again....

cåblelady

If you want to get to the root of corruption, just follow the money. It is as clear as day.

The NFL is a business and to that end it is designed to make money.  Since the Pats have the highest ticket prices, and are selling out, the league has to continue to support them to keep the revenue stream.  Revenue sharing is what causes this issue.  Buffalo selling out a game is not nearly as lucrative to the league as the Patriots selling out their games.  If the Pats start to lose, then the fans do not show up and too much money is lost.

769086[/snapback]

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen at least 2 holding calls on Shoebel that weren't called and that offside that wasn't called... boy oh boy!...

767751[/snapback]

The announcers kept talking about how glorious the Patsies blocking was. Of course it would have been since they had fistfuls of Bills jerseys.

I've seen at least 2 holding calls on Shoebel that weren't called and that offside that wasn't called... boy oh boy!...

767751[/snapback]

Damn near got tackled on one. Simms mentioned the hold when they showed the replay. Could not have been missed by the refs.

Can someone fill me in on clipping/blocking from behind? In the first half Tripplett missed Brady when he got juked. He continued to pursue him and was cut down by a block below the waist from behind. Used to be the classic clipping call. No foul was called. Is there some insane rule allowing this if you are within so many yard of the LOS?

I watched the game with the wife, who's no football guru...

On the blantant encroachment play;

Wife: "I thought they couldn't start the play until the ball was hiked...?"

Griz: "@#$%^%^^^@@%^"

On the "floating spot" where the line judge ran downfield a yard to spot the Pats ball;

Wife: "Does he know he's moving that way? <pointing downfield>"

Griz: "@#$%%^^&&**"

Geez... I'm one to hardly ever call out the refs, but whether it's us or another team, they sure do seem to have some interesting calls when the Pats are on the field.

I'm not a big fan of blaming refs for the outcomes of games...........

Most of the Bills penaltys were legit, some may have been ticky tacky but whatever they happened.....

Now......i'm not sure it is humanly possible to play an NFL game without taking one live action penalty. With the speed of the game, there is going to be holds. There is going to be illegal contact down the field. There was even a blatant offsides. Point being, throw a flag here or there just for good measure.

the two blocks in the back were seen on replays. I can't argue with those. The one that got me was Dillon was in his stance, simulated a snap and juked left. He then stopped, the Bills pointed at him, no call and the play then started (run to the left where Dillon started to go).

I couldn't believe that the Bills didn't just start the play when Dillon started instead of waiting.