Gotta a strange car repair question for y'all

The Poojer

I think Chryslers do use screwy grounds????

Anyway... A guy at work had the same problem with his Plym Acclaim... He said it was the switch in the column.

But... You don't want to spend any money???

So:

Rewire the wiper motor to a toggle switch on the dash... Try and find the two wires coming from the wipers and cut them... Reconnect the GROUND to a GOOD point... And then the HOT to the battery and toggle it...

Of course it will cost you the toggle and what ever nominal cost of running the wire... You can get fancy and stick a rheostat in lieu of the toggle switch so you can control the speed of the motor... :angry:

Sure beats a stick.

Scrap it, Pooj.

If that's legit mileage on a unibody construction, be it Plymouth or Mercedes, the weldments holding the upper suspension mounts and the shock tower themselves, front and rear, have been flexed and fatigued beyond service life. It's likely not a fit chassis for daily over-the-road usage. Even worse if corrosion has occured - and surely it has. Not to mention wheel bearings.

You can be driving down the road and suffer a catastrophic chassis failure or wheel seperation with no warning beforehand.

762212[/snapback]

That is why I finally said enough at 300k... Of course you can always fix things and preempt disaster... It was getting too tiresome... You can prempt disaster by also scraping... :angry:;) Did I just say that???? :doh::D

When I had my 1994 Chrysler... One weld ALMOST broke holding my engine cradle (that big u shaped thingy) to the wheel... About 3 years ago... Good thing I always look because the wheel started to bow... I crawled under the car and inspected... Sure as sh*t the weld was going...

Cost 700 bucks used at a body shop... The car (mine) had about 200k on it at the time... The used part was certified sound...

You all realize I'll be testifying in the wrongful death case of Poojer family et al vs. those who egged him on...

:angry:

:P

762290[/snapback]

;):doh:

Even worse... The minivans prior to 1995 had only ONE side sliding door...

Looks pretty grim... ;);)

...Let it be known that I stated I dumped my car at 300k... And I pride myself on being Mr. Maintainence...

:D

ok, so i have a 92 Plymouth Voyager, approaching 195000 miles so needless to say i do not want to sink a penny into it.  I am having problems with my windsheild wipers.  when I turn them on, it turns off the clock on the factory installed radio, and the wipers will not wipe.  eventually they will all come back on and work fine.  So I figure it is a fuse problem or maybe a short.  But the wierd part of it is this.  This happens when the engine is turned on.  If I turn the key the other way, you know to turn the batter on(or whatever you want to call it when you turn the key the opposite way)., everything works just fine.  Anyone have any thoughts?  I have discovered that Rain-ex is a brilliant product so to date it has not been too bad a problem, but I want to make it another 5000 miles or so before getting another car.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

762093[/snapback]

May want to concede that it's finally time to upgrade to something like a 1994 Ford Tempo with 188,000 miles on it. The repairs on a Ford will be much more straight forward!

May want to concede that it's finally time to upgrade to a 1994 Ford Tempo with 188,000 miles on it.  The repairs on a Ford will be much more straight forward!

762298[/snapback]

;):doh:

Hah... Ford... I would take a Chrysler anyday... Ford can't even square away radio wiring from year to year...

Chryslers have come a long way baby... Ford is another story!

not me...I gave sound advice

762294[/snapback]

The jury will be fond of you and champion your valiant, cryptic yet insightful comments, seeing that your advice would have saved the day but for the subsequent veiled death wishes flung by others.

You did the best you could...I'm glad he met you first... ;):angry:

The jury will be fond of you and champion your valiant, cryptic yet insightful comments, seeing that your advice would have saved the day but for the subsequent veiled death wishes flung by others.

You did the best you could...I'm glad he met you first... :doh:  ;)

762318[/snapback]

I gave him VIABLE workarounds...

Pooj... Nothing beats a good "walk" around the vehicle everytime you use it now... Take note of the things that don't look right...

No... Really... Should be the norm for high milelage vehicles before you go flying down the freeway...

I gave him VIABLE workarounds...

Pooj... Nothing beats a good "walk" around the vehicle everytime you use it now... Take note of the things that don't look right...

No... Really... Should be the norm for high milelage vehicles before you go flying down the freeway...

762325[/snapback]

But that takes away all the fun of trying to guess what fell off and the bonus question of whether or not it was a critical part.