West Virginia is in the BCS

smokinandjokin

Devastating injury to Louisville RB Bush

So it looks like WVU will coast to the Big East title, and could play for a national championship if they are one of only 1 or 2 undefeateds. Louisville was the one game on their schedule that could trip them up, but without their All-America Heisman-candidate RB, I don't see them challenging the Mountaineers.

WVU has to knock off unranked Maryland and Mississippi State in non-conference games, and then it's all Big East softies after that.

So it looks like WVU will coast to the Big East title, and could play for a national championship if there are only 1 or 2 undefeateds.  Louisville was the one game on their schedule that could trip them up, but without their All-America Heisman-candidate RB, I don't see them challenging the Mountaineers. 

WVU has to knock off unranked Maryland and Mississippi State in non-conference games, and then it's all Big East softies after that.

761035[/snapback]

I think Rutgers COULD give WV a run for their money this year. A Combo of Rice/Leonard is virtually unstopable.

Bush was projected as one of the top backs in next years draft. A shame to see this happen to the kid.

761061[/snapback]

Yeah, that definitely sucks. The article says he explored coming out this year, but he didn't project as a 1st-rounder, so he reluctantly stayed in school.

I really thought LenDale White should've stayed at USC for his senior year and beef up his draft spot as the #1 back, but you can never blame a guy for coming out early...Especially in football, severe injury can happen on every play (and even more so at RB, where you are taking/giving 40+ solid shots a game...)

Hopefully Mike Bush rehabs well and does enough at the combine to make some cash. The dude is 6'3", 250lbs...It's gonna be tough to lug that frame around on a bum leg.

Where?

All I saw was that his season was over.

761327[/snapback]

You're right. ESPN must've edited the article, because the first time I read it, it said his college career is over. But he can redshirt:

Bush, who was touted during the preseason along with teammate quarterback Brian Brohm as the "Derby City Duo", is eligible for a medical redshirt, but it is too early to tell whether he'd take that option.

Louisville football

So it looks like WVU will coast to the Big East title, and could play for a national championship if they are one of only 1 or 2 undefeateds.  Louisville was the one game on their schedule that could trip them up, but without their All-America Heisman-candidate RB, I don't see them challenging the Mountaineers. 

761035[/snapback]

Louisville's fairly deep at RB, plus the game is at Lousiville this year. Don't rule out anything yet.

No consideration of Pittsburgh ? Wannstedt has a chance to wash off a little of the Dolphin stink in November. They host West Virginia and Louisville back to back. Who knows what the teams will look like by then (re Bush).

They shouldn't be double digit underdogs at home to both. The first is a rivalry (Backyard Brawl ?), and the second could be a rebound from being thumped in that rivalry. The road to the Big East BCS slot definitely goes through Pitt.

No consideration of Pittsburgh ? Wannstedt has a chance to wash off a little of the Dolphin stink in November. They host West Virginia and Louisville back to back. Who knows what the teams will look like by then (re Bush).

They shouldn't be double digit underdogs at home to both. The first is a rivalry (Backyard Brawl ?), and the second could be a rebound from being thumped in that rivalry. The road to the Big East BCS slot definitely goes through Pitt.

765296[/snapback]

I'll be at the UC-Pitt game tonight...if Pittsburgh gets out the gates too fast, I'll see if I can manage to hit up the sno-kone stand and toss one Wanny's direction...maybe he'll forget that its not December and forget how to coach.

I'll be at the UC-Pitt game tonight...if Pittsburgh gets out the gates too fast, I'll see if I can manage to hit up the sno-kone stand and toss one Wanny's direction...maybe he'll forget that its not December and forget how to coach.

765469[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but Pitt stinks. University of Cinci absolutely sucks, so you can't judge Pitt on this game.

Pitt will get beat by USF, WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.