Expect a 3 team trade for WR Deion Branch.

Tipster19

Seeing that 2 out of the 3 teams are in our division, I thought I'd take a shot at a prediction. It would make sense for New England to let this mess go and put an end to all this ugly publicity.

I could see the Jets sending Laveranues Coles to Seattle and Seattle in turn, sending a 1st rd pick in next year's draft to New England. The Jets also would send a later first day pick (3rd rder?) to New England for Branch. New England then receives the compensation that they were looking for. I don't think everything is hunky dory with Seattle's WR Darrell Jackson and this trade would provide the Seahawks with that starting WR that they may be needing. Coach Mangini is well aware of Branch's abilities and this would provide him the opportunity to start his term with one of his players. They are also very high on Jerricho Cotchery and it wouldn't surprise me if WR Justin McCareins is not far behind Coles in being traded for a player or future draft pick. The only hold-up here would be his contract, but if there were enough desire from another team, this could be worked out.

Seeing that 2 out of the 3 teams are in our division, I thought I'd take a shot at a prediction. It would make sense for New England to let this mess go and put an end to all this ugly publicity.

I could see the Jets sending Laveranues Coles to Seattle and Seattle in turn, sending a 1st rd pick in next year's draft to New England. The Jets also would send a later first day pick (3rd rder?) to New England for Branch. New England then recieve the compensation that they were looking for. I don't think everything is hunky dory with Seattle's WR Darrell Jackson and this trade would provide the Seahawks with that starting WR that they may be needing. Coach Mangini is well aware of Branch's abilities and this would provide him the opportunity to start his term with one of his players. They are also very high on Jerricho Cotchery and it wouldn't surprise me if WR Justin McCareins is not far behind Coles in being traded for a player or future draft pick. The only hold-up here would be his contract, but if there were enough desire from another team, this could be worked out.

760366[/snapback]

Why wouldn't Seattle just send a pick to NE for Branch? And NE send Branch out of the division for the same pick or lower than they would get for sending him to the Jets?

Why wouldn't Seattle just send a pick to NE for Branch?  And NE send Branch out of the division for the same pick or lower than they would get for sending him to the Jets?

760376[/snapback]

The pats are asking for 2 first rounders, that's all i know. and I think that's steep.

The pats are asking for 2 first rounders, that's all i know. and I think that's steep.

760380[/snapback]

and have rejected offers from both the Jets and Hawks that sent them a 2nd round pick.....

Deion Branch was a second round pick....He might have been very critical

to the Pats passing game, but looking at his stats, he is anything but that.

His TDs might have been reduced due to Brady spreading the ball around.

But still 2 1st rounders for a guy who had 998 yards of receiving last year

is pretty high....

New England getting a 1st rder from Seattle and a first day pick from the Jets is more in tune to what the Patriots were looking for in compensation. Seattle lands up with Coles and the Jets land up with Branch, minus Coles and a first day pick. Both Seattle and the Jets were willing to give up a high draft choice for Branch, so yes, this scenario is possible.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots taking a shot at WR Tyrone Calico either. He's the type of player that they have been scooping up in the last few years.