Why is Coy Wire still on the team

SACKMARINO

Why is Coy Wire still on the team  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Why is Coy Wire still on the team

• He has video tape of Greggg Williams "blowing away" TD and Ralph at the interview
    • He's one of the few men willing to touch Ralph's daughter
    • He knows where Ralph hid the bodies
    • He has a great lawyer and managed to have his own claus added to Tom Brady's deal with the Devil
    • Talent
    • Post your own suggestion

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Bennie Anderson was a nice guy?  Maybe so was Chris Watson?  Holcomb?  Todd Collins?  Where is your outrage when other players are villified?  Every pro athlete has a personal life that few people actually know about - and everyone is fair game - that is just the nature of the beast. 

760473[/snapback]

OK, that's a valid point I will concede. And I'll admit that I more sensitive to the Wire bashing than others because I've personally been able to chat it up with the guy every preseason since 2002.

What I haven't yet conceded, however, is the idea that Coy Wire isn't good on special teams. "ST ace" is probably a little too generous of a term I'd only reserve for guys like Steve Tasker and Mark Pike, but nevertheless I think he's good at it. If you asked April and our coaching staff, I bet you they'd agree more with my assessment than yours. If Wire is still on the team when Bowen returns healthy, maybe you should go back to your special teams game film and see what you're missing.

OK, that's a valid point I will concede. And I'll admit that I more sensitive to the Wire bashing than others because I've personally been able to chat it up with the guy every preseason since 2002.

What I haven't yet conceded, however, is the idea that Coy Wire isn't good on special teams. "ST ace" is probably a little too generous of a term I'd only reserve for guys like Steve Tasker and Mark Pike, but nevertheless I think he's good at it. If you asked April and our coaching staff, I bet you they'd agree more with my assessment than yours. If Wire is still on the team when Bowen returns healthy, maybe you should go back to your special teams game film and see what you're missing.

760558[/snapback]

I'm sorry to see him beat you down to conceding. :w00t:

Not in defense of Wire...more that your basic point about vilifying backup players.

I have far more understanding of the spreading of abuse towards stars with attitude rather than backups with not enough talent.

A star with head problems puts himself before the team & if they stuff up....deserve vilification.

A backup(like Wire) probably tries their best for the team(& themselves) to get the best out of their lesser abilities. When they fail....why do they get abused? I have never understood that mentality.

It's one thing to feel the team would be better without Wire(it's part of the job of being a fan to second guess the coach)...it's another thing to 'hate' said player for his lack of talent.