The "other" Columbus...

The Dean

Columbus's claim was disputed, but not because it was off the wall. On the contrary, Columbus's successor at Padua, Gabriel Fallopius (name ring any bells?), said he was the first to discover the clitoris. A semblance of sanity was restored when Kasper Bartholin, a 17th century Danish anatomist, dismissed both claims, saying the clitoris had been widely known since the second century. By this one assumes he means "known to male anatomists." It is safe to say women had discovered it a good while before that.

:D

The word Kleitoris was used over 2,500 thousand years ago by the ancient Greeks to describe a part of the female genitals, most probably the Labia Minora or Inner lips of the Vagina. In 1593 at the trial of a woman accused of witchcraft, the inquisitor (a married man) discovered a Clitoris for the first time. When he saw this "little lump of flesh sticking out to the length of half an inch" he decided that it must be the "Devil's Teat". The other inquisitors, likewise astounded, agreed and on this fact the woman was convicted and executed for witchcraft. The word "Clitoris" first appeared in the English language in 1615, it was used in an early anatomy book to describe a small, sensitive organ located underneath the upper apex of the Labia Minora.

The Devils Teat :D

;)

The word Kleitoris was used over 2,500 thousand years ago by the ancient Greeks to describe a part of the female genitals, most probably the Labia Minora or Inner lips of the Vagina. In 1593 at the trial of a woman accused of witchcraft, the inquisitor (a married man) discovered a Clitoris for the first time. When he saw this "little lump of flesh sticking out to the length of half an inch" he decided that it must be the "Devil's Teat". The other inquisitors, likewise astounded, agreed and on this fact the woman was convicted and executed for witchcraft. The word "Clitoris" first appeared in the English language in 1615, it was used in an early anatomy book to describe a small, sensitive organ located underneath the upper apex of the Labia Minora.

The Devils Teat :D

;)

756456[/snapback]

Interesting. Do you have the origin for "The man in the boat"?

Holy cow! I know the guy who submitted that question! I'm surprised he would ask such a thing as I'm pretty sure the guy's never even kissed a girl - super bright, super geeky software developer - not exactly a ladies man. Nice guy, brilliant guy, but right out of Revenge of the Nerds.

Holy cow! I know the guy who submitted that question! I'm surprised he would ask such a thing as I'm pretty sure the guy's never even kissed a girl - super bright, super geeky software developer - not exactly a ladies man. Nice guy, brilliant guy, but right out of Revenge of the Nerds.

756558[/snapback]

Actually, that makes sense, in a way. His claim to fame is he asked Cecil Adams the "clit question".