Heard Mort on the radio in ATL this morning

Heard Mort say on ESPN radio last night that the QB competition in Buffalo was a sham...that JP was going to get it all along.  First thing I've agreed with him regarding the Bills since his bitter remarks last draftday.

756586[/snapback]

I completely disagree that it was a sham.

If anybody has paid attention to my posts, I believe that JP will not pan out and will not be here next year. Jump my gut and I hope I am wrong but I don't like the way he makes decisions and thinks based on his interviews.

back on point... J.P. clearly won the job and should play, barring injury (good chance of one for the way he plays) over Holcomb and Nall. Period. He beat the competion hands down. Not a sham.

Also, his head and OC coach seem (in their comments) not to give him the much leeway and personally agree with that but it is clear to me they are not playing favorites in JP's favoe. IMHO, they wanted Nall to win the job. Not a sham.

Lastly, Mr. Mort can not call it a sham b/c Marv did not get better competion for JP b/c while it is not hugely better it is better competion than when Mr. Donohoe was here last year. Nall vs. Matthews. Hands down Nall is better competition b/c we all knew Matthews was a proven commodity. A decent 3rd string QB. Period. Nall was an intruiging 3rd stringer from GB behind a HOFer and a 1 st rounder. He could be a good starter someday. He has that potential. No sham, Mort.

It was a logical choice to not try and get a one of the top 3 QB's this year or another FA guy since we have a young QB that we have to find out about this year.

Also, not a sham b/c Holcolmb was the incumbent and started #1. JP unseated him.

Sham? No way, no how.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was said at the beginning of the year it would be a fair fight. It was. Losman won by a TKO. You haven't a shred of evidence that any thing else occured. It's total conjecture. And that can't be argued. It's also not logical and is just ranting. I'm sure lots of things happened in the minds at 1 Bills Dr and there were probably days going back and forth. But unless someone writes a book, that stuff is all behind closed doors. And you have to fabricate any "stories" you come up with. Marv could be banging the secretary. We can speculate anything.

756889[/snapback]

I have no ideas what you're talking about. Of course it's conjecture. This place is all about conjecture. But it is also very logical, and it makes and made total sense. I totally agree it was a fair fight and that Losman won it by a TKO. Not sure what you're even complaining about. Everything I said was an opinion. One formed by observation, experience, common sense, putting together pieces and connecting the dots. I haven't told any "stories".

So they wanted Holcomb to win and let him throw nine total passes in the pre-season? Nall was paid peanuts. Back-up money to be a back-up. And they're playing Peerless over Reed.

I don't think they rigged it. I don't think if Losman totally tanked and Holcomb shined they would have awarded it to Losman. I just think they knew it was going to happen. it was set up to happen. There isn't all the pressure in training camp and pre-season games. Losman should have won this competition because he has the best tools and most talent and he's in his third year when things should be getting easier for him. Holcomb and Nall are career back-ups. Losman is a boom or bust #1 pick starter.

756862[/snapback]

Considering that Holcomb's "opportunity" to start the first game came against one of the nastiest defenses in the biz, while Losman saw a much weaker Cincinnati pass rush in his first preseason start? If I was a conspiracy theorist (or Holcomb), I'd be wondering about that.

Not that it matters now; Losman has shown enough to earn the job outright. (Guaranteed, no other QB on this roster makes that play to Price.) Now, we'll just have to wait and see how the kid turns out.

Jerry Sullivan got this one right in a recent column: Good or bad, at least it shouldn't be boring...

Considering that Holcomb's "opportunity" to start the first game came against one of the nastiest defenses in the biz, while Losman saw a much weaker Cincinnati pass rush in his first preseason start? If I was a conspiracy theorist (or Holcomb), I'd be wondering about that.

Not that it matters now; Losman has shown enough to earn the job outright. (Guaranteed, no other QB on this roster makes that play to Price.) Now, we'll just have to wait and see how the kid turns out.

Jerry Sullivan got this one right in a recent column: Good or bad, at least it shouldn't be boring...

756946[/snapback]

I thought the decision process was based not just on the pre-season games, but also how they practiced in training camp. Holcomb struggled to understand the

new system during traing camp. Nall was injured for 2 weeks robbing him a chance to show more. JP picked his oppurtunity and showed the poise and throwing abilities and outran the other two. Simple as that...JP has his flaws, but simply has shown that he is the better QB for this system in pre-season and training camp put together.....now it is time to continue with it into the regular season....