Nance on the PS

There's been alot of chatter recently about Martin Nance, his lack of playing time and the prediction that he will end up on the practice squad.

Now if I'm to understand the process correctly a player cannot just be placed on the PS. They first must be waved and if there is no interest from other teams then they can be assigned to the PS. (please correct me if I am wrong, I will not have hard feelings)

Big Ben is quite high on Nance as press reports have indicated:

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/article...ills220606.html

I would think that Nance will probably get picked up by Pitt since their Super Bowl QB loves him as a target. What do they have to lose by putting him on their PS.

Why would Nance want to stay in Bflo if he could go and play a bit with his old college QB with whom he has a strongly developed chemistry.

I'm not saying that the guy should automatically get a spot in Bflo but I would have thought that he would have gotten more playing time in the preseason.

I guess that I am worried that there was almost too much depth at WR this preseason (I know that is a crazy remark) and I hope that Nance doesn't go somewhere else and suddenly in 3 years he's a hot item.

I would think that Nance will probably get picked up by Pitt since their Super Bowl QB loves him as a target. What do they have to lose by putting him on their PS.

753705[/snapback]

The team picking him from the Waiver wire cannot place the player on their PS.

Once the player clears the waiver wire (no one picks him), then I think he is free to chose the team (like a FA signing) for their PS.

The steelers have enough depth on their WR corps (Ward, Wilson, the guy from the Browns, Nate Washington, rookie WR Holmes etc)...

The team picking him from the Waiver wire cannot place the player on their PS.

Once the player clears the waiver wire (no one picks him), then I think he is free to chose the team (like a FA signing) for their PS.

The steelers have enough depth on their WR corps (Ward, Wilson, the guy from the Browns, Nate Washington,  rookie WR Holmes etc)...

753755[/snapback]

Thank you for explaining that to me. I was hoping inkman would but he wished to comment on my oral skills instead.

Not just wants him, but wants him on their roster.  Plenty of teams would love him for their PS, but that's a luxury only we have.

753952[/snapback]

So the consiracy theorists may say that we intentionally under-utilized him in the preseason because we knew he needed some work and want him on the practice squad but didn't want other teams to see his potential. I like it. Marv is a genius.