Aaron Gibson

Griff28

Can you please try to convince me even more how ignorant and mornic you could truly be?

I started with my first post as a joke, then you have to challenge me and my methods of judgement. Not a good idea.

As for me watching football; I've been watching this sport since i was in dipers, and i have been judging talent in this sport since probably around 5th grade.

My comment was well thought out, where as this one i am replying to sounds like the reaction of a bitter man who either is short in height, or short in other areas. It was a harsh and stupid reaction and i think the best thing you can do is relax, go back to your corner, let the air out of your tires, and face reality.

The following two paragraphs are an excerpt from a robotic arm that frequents the site...

"Is there a relationship between taking offensive linemen early and winning? Not according to my analysis. I looked at how many offensive linemen each team took in the first two rounds of the draft, from 2001 - 2005. I then compared that number with each team's winning percentage in the 2005 season. There was no meaningful relationship between the two (R^2= -0.015).

This surprised me, because I'm firmly convinced a team needs a good offensive line if it's going to win games. Thoughts?"

Where could these successful linemen on these successful teams come from? Could they be free agents from other organizations that are given a second chance? Probably some atleast?

Aaron Gibson may make this team, but certainly does not go in this first line of cuts.

753693[/snapback]

Boondick is wrong but doesn't want to admit it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boondick is wrong but doesn't want to admit it.

754118[/snapback]

No the coaches are wrong Boondock (or whatever his name is) has been watching football since he was in diapers and evaluating talent since the 5th grade. Jauron and staff have only been involved in football for I believe 6 months. And all the other coaches that cut him were also wrong, none of them have as much knowledge or experience as Boondock.

Nice work Boondock! I've been judging talent since 4th grade.

In all seriousness, for anyone who understands the game and has been watching the situation closely, this was not a difficult call. When a guy spends his entire time working with the 3rd unit, the writing is on the wall. All one needs to be able to do is read and he can figure out what will happen next.

Nice work Boondock!  I've been judging talent since 4th grade. 

In all seriousness, for anyone who understands the game and has been watching the situation closely, this was not a difficult call.  When a guy spends his entire time working with the 3rd unit, the writing is on the wall.  All one needs to be able to do is read and he can figure out what will happen next.

754338[/snapback]

Okay, i was wrong. I guess i just saw something out of him when i went to camp that i thought would get him on the team.

I tip my hat to you senor.

Can you please try to convince me even more how ignorant and mornic you could truly be?

As for me watching football; I've been watching this sport since i was in dipers, and i have been judging talent in this sport since probably around 5th grade.

My comment was well thought out, where as this one i am replying to sounds like the reaction of a bitter man who either is short in height, or short in other areas. It was a harsh and stupid reaction and i think the best thing you can do is relax, go back to your corner, let the air out of your tires, and face reality.

Aaron Gibson may make this team, but certainly does not go in this first line of cuts.

753693[/snapback]

Boy, you look like a real ass now and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Okay, i was wrong. I guess i just saw something out of him when i went to camp that i thought would get him on the team.

I tip my hat to you senor.

754446[/snapback]

Classy response, BoondckCL :devil: ....can't get em all right.

This is a great thread...thanks for the laughs Griff and Boondock.  :P

754644[/snapback]

Always my pleasure. And once again, i extend my profound apologies to Griff and once again acknowledge that he was in fact correct on this subject matter. And i openly admit that i am an ass.

Let the firing squad continue.

I must have been at camp the same night as Boondckcl. I thought Gibson was a beast. He smoked several Defensive Lineman. He looked like he was making significant progress. I would guess that the Bills are only going to keep 9 O-Lineman and then keep one of the rookies on the practice squad

I must have been at camp the same night as Boondckcl. I thought Gibson was a beast. He smoked several Defensive Lineman. He looked like he was making significant progress. I would guess that the Bills are only going to keep 9 O-Lineman and then keep one of the rookies on the practice squad

754785[/snapback]

How was Gibson's movement? The Bills are going with a lighter, more athletic line which looks like it's going to be pulling a lot. That doesn't sound like Gibson's forte.

How was Gibson's movement?  The Bills are going with a lighter, more athletic line which looks like it's going to be pulling a lot.  That doesn't sound like Gibson's forte.

754823[/snapback]

He was more of a guy who seemed like he just wanted to push rather than pull.

......The Bills are going with a lighter, more athletic line which looks like it's going to be pulling a lot.......

754823[/snapback]

:P

I don't know how I feel about our OLine being a bunch of pullers.