Seahawk WRs

stinky finger

Does anybody know the status of Nate Burleson? I haven't seen anything telling of injury or fear of him not making the squad. I'm thinking with Jackson's knee problem, NB might be the first option should DJ continue to ail. Any info would be appreciated.

I ask because a friend of mine, who is usually on top of this stuff tells me he's struggling and risks being cut. I haven't seen anything to substantiate this claim.

Does anybody know the status of Nate Burleson? I haven't seen anything telling of injury or fear of him not making the squad. I'm thinking with Jackson's knee problem, NB might be the first option should DJ continue to ail. Any info would be appreciated.

I ask because a friend of mine, who is usually on top of this stuff tells me he's struggling and risks being cut. I haven't seen anything to substantiate this claim.

749136[/snapback]

looks fine to me

I think your friend is yanking your chain. Plus, Burleson singed a 7 year $49 millin dollar contract, including a $5.25 million dollar signing bonus. That is at least a 5 million dollar cap cost if they cut him today. The worst GM in the history of sports wouldn't sign a guy for 50 million then cut him before the season costing his team 5 million for no good reason. Burleson is slated to start and has had an excellent training camp.

looks fine to me

I think your friend is yanking your chain.  Plus, Burleson singed a 7 year $49 millin dollar contract, including a $5.25 million dollar signing bonus.  That is at least a 5 million dollar cap cost if they cut him today.  The worst GM in the history of sports wouldn't sign a guy for 50 million then cut him before the season costing his team 5 million for no good reason.  Burleson is slated to start and has had an excellent training camp.

749889[/snapback]

Thanks, inkman. I've learned of these particulars you so graciously provided here since I posed this question. I tend to think I'm thorough in my research when it comes to fantasy football, and I know ones counterparts might throw out "false info" to keep you off track, but I guess I needed reassurance. Maybe I missed something.

To be honest, D. Jackson's knee problem may be a lingering problem. NB may reap the benefits. I like him as a real solid #3 with the potential for much greater success. :doh:

To be honest, D. Jackson's knee problem may be a lingering problem. NB may reap the benefits. I like him as a real solid #3 with the potential for much greater success.  :doh:

751424[/snapback]

Not to mention DJ's nickname is stonehands.

Thanks, inkman. I've learned of these particulars you so graciously provided here since I posed this question. I tend to think I'm thorough in my research when it comes to fantasy football, and I know ones counterparts might throw out "false info" to keep you off track, but I guess I needed reassurance. Maybe I missed something.

To be honest, D. Jackson's knee problem may be a lingering problem. NB may reap the benefits. I like him as a real solid #3 with the potential for much greater success.  :P

751424[/snapback]

If anyone would benefit with Jackson's problem I think it be Bobby Engram who seemed to be a favorite of Hasselbeck when Jackson went down last year. Assuming Jackson goes down again now Engam will have someone like Burleson, who Hasselbeck has yet to establish a relationship playing opposite him, instead of Joe Jurevcious.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.