Willis McGahee, look out!

RJOSEPH

if peopel havent seen the mcgahee's fumble they need to see it! i know he fumbled but that burst he had from standing still in front of d. oneal and then in a .5 of a second beign 10 yards in front of him was amazing. that was the initial suddeness that i havent seen since college! if he didnt get tripped up that would of been another td. this guy is obviously more flexible and agile this year. he was seperating from d. jackson like he was a just a little kid. for any of u who dont know this jackson is one of the faster safeties in the nfl. mcgahee left him in his dust! never have i seen a rb in my whole life with the burst and acceleration of mcgahee. scouts saw it college and i know its just preseason but we saw it again. those moves are from a standstill are similiar to b sanders. i saw what i saw and the the great explosion willis is known for is back! even is willis struggles throughout a game the fear that this guy can break one from anywhere will take tremendous pressure of the rest of the offense. b. sanders put the same fear into defenses. if this guy just gets tuff average o-line play and losman takes the next step. records will be broken. if willis was in the colts system he would avg over 5 yard a carry and gain 2 grand. it was no exadurration when scouts and coaches said willis would have been a top 3 pick and was one of the greatest backs to come out in a while. the guy has reggie bush qualities at 220-225lbs. THE GREAT BURST IS BACK!!!! GO BILLS. what do you guys think?? :blush:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if peopel havent seen the mcgahee's fumble they need to see it!  i know he fumbled but that burst he had from standing still in front of d. oneal and then in a .5 of a second beign 10 yards in front of him  was amazing. that was the initial suddeness that i havent seen since college!  if he didnt get tripped up that would of been another td.  this guy is obviously more flexible and agile this year. he was seperating from d. jackson like he was a just a little kid. for any of u who dont know this jackson is one of the faster safeties in the nfl.  mcgahee left  him in his dust!  never have i seen a rb in my whole life with the burst and acceleration of mcgahee. scouts saw it college and i know its just preseason but we saw it again.  those moves are from a standstill are similiar to b sanders.  i saw what i saw and the the great explosion willis is known for is back!  even is willis struggles throughout a game the fear that this guy can break one from anywhere will take tremendous pressure of the rest of the offense.  b. sanders put the same fear into defenses.  if this guy just gets tuff average o-line play and losman takes the next step.  records will be broken.  if willis was in the colts system he would avg over 5 yard a carry and gain 2 grand.  it was no exadurration when scouts and coaches said willis would have been a top 3 pick and was one of the greatest backs to come out in a while.  the guy has reggie bush qualities at 220-225lbs. THE GREAT BURST IS BACK!!!! GO BILLS.  what do you guys think?? :blush:

748060[/snapback]

I think I don't want Drew Rosenhausfrau reading your assessment.

To put all of this to rest, this run had a few parts to it........

1. McGahee made a GREAT cut in the hole and showed that initial burst that we all have been waiting for.

2. McGahee showed the breakaway speed we have wanted to see for the first 40 yards or so of the run. He did run away from people for the first 40 yeards.

3. After he hit the 40 yard mark or so, it looked as though someone threw an anchor around him because he was SPENT. He was running on fumes for the last 20 yards and if the endzone was 5-10 yards further away, he would not have made it.

So, everyone is right on this run because he showed us a lot of things. He showed that the initial burst IS back and he is faster than a lot of the players on the field. HOWEVER, he also showed us that his stamina may not be where it should be.

What I took out of this run is that he does have his cutting back and will be breaking more runs this year......he may not have a 70 or 80 yard run, but I can definately see him breaking 10 to 20 yarders on a semi-regular basis this year. And that will be good to see.

I must have missed something because McGahee looked pretty damn slow on that run.

748107[/snapback]

:blush: usually when you run 60 yards untouched you're not slow. I've seen the run and he burned right by a pretty fast safety in dexter jackson. Man you people are picky. First it was "well he cant break long runs" now "it's he looks slow doing it" 0:) He looks faster then he did in 04 at least what I've seen so far, but watch most backs his size and they appear slower then they actually are. Take Larry Johnson for instance. He doesnt look fast at all, but he can break some runs. Its the running style that makes it appear slow but it's not "slow" at all.

Guest dog14787
I must have missed something because McGahee looked pretty damn slow on that run.

748107[/snapback]

Get your eyes checked, your going blind! :blush:

And toward the end, Willis by his own admission (and if you look at a replay of it) is looking at the JumboTron to see who's behind him, ala Madden. So he's not only spent, but he's also slowing more to make sure he sees where everyone is on the field.

DO U GUYS THINK WILLIS CAN OVERCOME SOME MISTAKES BY OTHERS THIS YEAR AND CARRY THIS TEAM ON HIS BACK. CAN HE BE LIKE ONE OF THE GREATS AND MAKE EVERYONE ELSE LOOK BETTER? BOTTOM LINE WILL THIS KID FULLY HEALTHY BECOME ONE OF THE ALL TIME GREATS?

DO U GUYS THINK WILLIS CAN OVERCOME SOME MISTAKES BY OTHERS THIS YEAR AND CARRY THIS TEAM ON HIS BACK.  CAN HE BE LIKE ONE OF THE GREATS  AND MAKE EVERYONE ELSE LOOK BETTER?  BOTTOM LINE WILL THIS KID FULLY HEALTHY BECOME ONE OF THE ALL TIME GREATS?

748182[/snapback]

Shhhh. No need to shout.

if peopel havent seen the mcgahee's fumble they need to see it!  i know he fumbled but that burst he had from standing still in front of d. oneal and then in a .5 of a second beign 10 yards in front of him  was amazing. that was the initial suddeness that i havent seen since college!  if he didnt get tripped up that would of been another td.  this guy is obviously more flexible and agile this year. he was seperating from d. jackson like he was a just a little kid. for any of u who dont know this jackson is one of the faster safeties in the nfl.  mcgahee left  him in his dust!  never have i seen a rb in my whole life with the burst and acceleration of mcgahee. scouts saw it college and i know its just preseason but we saw it again.  those moves are from a standstill are similiar to b sanders.  i saw what i saw and the the great explosion willis is known for is back!  even is willis struggles throughout a game the fear that this guy can break one from anywhere will take tremendous pressure of the rest of the offense.  b. sanders put the same fear into defenses.  if this guy just gets tuff average o-line play and losman takes the next step.  records will be broken.  if willis was in the colts system he would avg over 5 yard a carry and gain 2 grand.  it was no exadurration when scouts and coaches said willis would have been a top 3 pick and was one of the greatest backs to come out in a while.  the guy has reggie bush qualities at 220-225lbs. THE GREAT BURST IS BACK!!!! GO BILLS.  what do you guys think?? :blush:

748060[/snapback]

Welcome to the board!