This is all on TD

jahnyc

Here we go:

1. Coaching. If TD really believed we had the talent, he should have brought in a proven winner as HC instead of a rookie HC (and rookie OC). Coughlin is making a difference in NY with less talent. Even Mora, a rookie coach, has the Falcons playing better, particularly on defense. For all the talk about the team lacking "mental toughness" last year, we are seeing the same this year (i.e., poor discipline and execution.

2. Drafting. Clearly players like Wire and McGee are not ready to start in the NFL. We are not getting enough from our draft picks and our #1 from last year is on the bench. After four drafts, we have been unable to find a safety, a quality left end, a quality defensive tackle, more than one quality offensive lineman (Jennings) or a tight end. All of the talent we have, other than maybe Schobel, Clements, Henry and Jennings have been acquired via free agency. Reed, Denney, Williams, Wire, Crowell, McGahee are disappointments to date. None of our late round picks have developed.

3. Trades. Gave up too much for Bledsoe and Losman. Losman will now cost us a very high number one pick next year (and the number two and number four from last year).

4. Free Agency. This has been the saving grace, but our money has been spent strangely (i.e., linebackers). While some of these guys have played well, none have taken it to the next level since coming to the Bills.

5. Admitting Mistakes. The problem with the offense is the combination of a poor o-line and Drew. The o-line should have been fixed and/or a qb to compete with Drew should have been brought in. It was a tragic mistake to begin this season with this o-line (after promising to fix it last year for this season).

Where do we go from here?

Here we go:

1.  Coaching.  If TD really believed we had the talent, he should have brought in a proven winner as HC instead of a rookie HC (and rookie OC).  Coughlin is making a difference in NY with less talent.  Even Mora, a rookie coach, has the Falcons playing better, particularly on defense.  For all the talk about the team lacking "mental toughness" last year, we are seeing the same this year (i.e., poor discipline and execution.

2. Drafting.  Clearly players like Wire and McGee are not ready to start in the NFL.  We are not getting enough from our draft picks and our #1 from last year is on the bench.  After four drafts, we have been unable to find a safety, a quality left end, a quality defensive tackle, more than one quality offensive lineman (Jennings) or a tight end.  All of the talent we have, other than maybe Schobel, Clements, Henry and Jennings have been acquired via free agency.  Reed, Denney, Williams, Wire, Crowell, McGahee are disappointments to date.  None of our late round picks have developed.

3.  Trades.  Gave up too much for Bledsoe and Losman.  Losman will now cost us a very high number one pick next year (and the number two and number four from last year).

4.  Free Agency.  This has been the saving grace, but our money has been spent strangely (i.e., linebackers).  While some of these guys have played well, none have taken it to the next level since coming to the Bills.

5.  Admitting Mistakes.  The problem with the offense is the combination of a poor o-line and Drew.  The o-line should have been fixed and/or a qb to compete with Drew should have been brought in.  It was a tragic mistake to begin this season with this o-line (after promising to fix it last year for this season).

Where do we go from here?

54462[/snapback]

Well said....I think we need to overhaul the roster this offseason with a new GM.

>>>Where do we go from here?<<<

To the toilet bowl for at least 2, probably 3 years. We need an offensive line, a GM, a defensive coordinator, a pass rush, another corner, another wideout, a tight end, a defensive tackle (Williams is through) and perhaps a new owner.

Hey, at least we have each other. Sadly, I am serious.

I agree jahnyc, I blame TD for this mess. He went cheep on the coach, cheep on the O-Line. How good would Pete Kendall be looking right now on our O-Line? Didn't TD say Kendall is not the kind of player he wants on his team? SO he would rather have L. Smith at guard than Kendall?

Hey TD, if you are listening...... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

>>>Where do we go from here?<<<

To the toilet bowl for at least 2, probably 3 years. We need an offensive line, a GM, a defensive coordinator, a pass rush, another corner, another wideout, a tight end, a defensive tackle (Williams is through) and perhaps a new owner.

Hey, at least we have each other. Sadly, I am serious.

54480[/snapback]

[/quotte]

We're rapidly becoming Bungles North. As far as new owner, only Golisano is mentioned. What if he doesn't want the Bills? Adios amigos.

Bill Belichick thinks highly of McGee. He might not be ready for a starting job, but he has the talent.

Coaching... we're going to see a lot of rookie coaching mistakes. It's way too early to tell if MM is a bust or not. For what's its worth, I thought this is the best the offensive line has looked all year. Some of those running plays, the holes were so wide that you could have driven a truck through there.

It's too early to judge McGahee, Evans and Losman. Today Evans shows he has the speed and can burn people. If McGahee comes back to form and Losman is as advertised.... the future looks bright.

Hey Westside, I agree with you about Pete Kendall. I watched a bit of the Jets game and Kendall looks good. The announcers noted that Kendall seems to have helped strengthen the line. With our cap room and need at guard, we should have signed this guy.

Detox, I agree with you that McGee has talent and athletic ability. I hope he will be able to use these skills to become a good cb. He was picked on today and made mistakes (as well as some good plays). He doesn't seem ready to start, but maybe he will improve with playing time. To be fair, he does seem to have potential.