Competition????

major

Kelly H. gets the start against Carolina. JP gets the start against the Bengals. Will Craig Nall get the start this week? If not, I don't think this is really a true competition for QB. In fact, I think they ought to start Kingsbury in the 4th preseason game. That way we get to see what each QB can do with the first team offense, then the coaches can make their decision on who they want to go with.

The NFL and NCAA college football are pure politics. They say races are wide open and that the best man will win, but usually that's just PR jargon.

Kelly H.  gets the start against Carolina. JP gets the start against the Bengals. Will Craig Nall get the start this week? If not, I don't think this is really a true competition for QB. In fact, I think they ought to start Kingsbury in the 4th preseason game. That way we get to see what each QB can do with the first team offense, then the coaches can make their decision on who they want to go with.

The NFL and NCAA college football are pure politics. They say races are wide open and that the best man will win, but usually that's just PR jargon.

747388[/snapback]

If Nall wouldn't have gotten himself hurt, he likely would have started the Browns game. It's not his fault, it just happened. In the two weeks he was gone, he fell far behind. In that same time period, Holcomb melted down and JP showed enough that he was all but named the starter, and remains so. The team has to get ready for the regular season. Nall got somewhat screwed but he got hurt and couldn't perform.Jauron has made this crystal clear all along. It doesn't do the team much good to work him all week, and play him with the starters. It does do the team good to work JP the whole week.

Kelly H.  gets the start against Carolina. JP gets the start against the Bengals. Will Craig Nall get the start this week? If not, I don't think this is really a true competition for QB. In fact, I think they ought to start Kingsbury in the 4th preseason game. That way we get to see what each QB can do with the first team offense, then the coaches can make their decision on who they want to go with.

747388[/snapback]

We have to make a decision and let the starting QB, whoever it is, start getting comfortable with the first team offense. Sure, it seems as though it would be great to have every quarterback get the same number of snaps in practice and start a game in preseason but this would waste the opportunity to give someone a chance to prepare for game 1. At this point I hope Jauron annoints JP as the starter and opens up the competition for #2. Nall might be good and hopefully he will be ready to start if JP is injured or fails miserably but right now I say we need to move forward instead of sideways.

At some point, the Bills have to commit to getting one guy as ready as possible to play for the season opener. I would have liked to have seen Nall get a shot in preseason, but his injury negated that chance. The preseason simply isn't long enough to have a lengthy competition AND ensure that the eventual winner is ready to play. The latter is more important to the team's success than the former.

We have to make a decision and let the starting QB, whoever it is, start getting comfortable with the first team offense.  Sure, it seems as though it would be great to have every quarterback get the same number of snaps in practice and start a game in preseason but this would waste the opportunity to give someone a chance to prepare for game 1.  At this point I hope Jauron annoints JP as the starter and opens up the competition for #2.  Nall might be good and hopefully he will be ready to start if JP is injured or fails miserably but right now I say we need to move forward instead of sideways.

747422[/snapback]

Right. Nall will probably play the third quarter next week, and most of the game in week four. Then we will see if he is going to be the #2. The way KH is playing, that's likely what will happen. I still think they carry all three at the beginning of the season, depending on how well Holcomb plays in the next two games.

Competition doesn't promise "equal" competition. The team added more speed at WR in the off-season, hurting KHolcomb's chances. An injury hurt Nall's chances. The QB "competition" has been weighted in JP Losman's favor from the very beginning, and rightfully so. He's the guy with the toolbox full of toys.

Make no mistake- it is a competition. Something along the lines of the Bears/Pats in Super Bowl XX.