Are you Kidding Me?

Honestly, what was wrong tonight with the starters before the second quarter?

We have Triplett sacking the crap out of Wright, Schobel's beating tackles to the ball carrier, and Willis and Lee had huge gains, not to mention Willis's run that ousted last years LONGEST of his. Sure, it went downhill when the second string started playing, but I was impressed with them tonight. sh-- hit the fan, but what's wrong with that? When you're first string is doing great against this team, how can you be disappointed?

Take out Reeds crap interceptioin returned for a touchdown and the fumbles by JP, and we had a hell of a game with our starters. NO touchdowns by the offense except for Chad's catch, but take that away and we sure as hell won the half that mattered.

I'm happy with this, our quarterbacks did better than theirs, our running back beat theirs, and Lee Evans had a pretty good game, unless you consider beating Deltha O'Neal for 115 yards on 3 catches a poor outing. Call me optimistic, but maybe the whole 5.1 yards per carry compared to their 3.0 was good for our run defense, or maybe the 8.5 YPC compared to their 6.8 impressed me. The fumbles were bad, and the 3rd down percentage was poor, but I'm pretty impressed with what I saw tonight.

Rough that they lost, but who gives about the second/third stringers?

We have Triplett sacking the crap out of Wright, Schobel's beating tackles to the ball carrier, and Willis and Lee had huge gains, not to mention Willis's run that ousted last years LONGEST of his.  Sure, it went downhill when the second string started playing, but I was impressed with them tonight.  sh-- hit the fan, but what's wrong with that? When you're first string is doing great against this team, how can you be disappointed?

Take out Reeds crap interceptioin returned for a touchdown and the fumbles by JP, and we had a hell of a game with our starters. NO touchdowns by the offense except for Chad's catch, but take that away and we sure as hell won the half that mattered.

I'm happy with this, our quarterbacks did better than theirs, our running back beat theirs, and Lee Evans had a pretty good game, unless you consider beating Deltha O'Neal for 115 yards on 3 catches a poor outing.  Call me optimistic, but maybe the whole 5.1 yards per carry compared to their 3.0 was good for our run defense, or maybe the 8.5 YPC compared to their 6.8 impressed me.  The fumbles were bad, and the 3rd down percentage was poor, but I'm pretty impressed with what I saw tonight.

747044[/snapback]

Because lately Bills' fans unfortunately love dwelling on the negative instead of forcing on the positives. There were a bunch of stupid plays but they were also great plays. A lot of fans seem to believe that the past Bills teams have some indictation on how this team will do. It's a new season and a new team. Keep hope alive. <_<

I agree with BillsYoung. This was a game where the starters did what they had to do. The defense was solid w/ the starting lineup, Jp looked sharper wth the first team, and his fumbles were w/ second teamers blocking for him. Besides preseaon doesn't count.

The only thing i have to wonder is why the hell did marv resign reed? he will probably be cut, which means the next 3 years of bonus $ will be dumped on us.

Listened to it on Sirius. Just got it so don't know all the finer points yet. I say this because not only was it gut wrenching to listen to all the bloopers and the score to run up but I was listening to the opposing team's announcers broadcast the game. I didn't know it was also on another station till after the half with our announcers. Man what a different slant they put on it. I'll watch it tomorrow and make my own judgement. That is if it's on, my guide on Direct TV still has Philly at Ravens.

Solid showing for the Bills now that i think about it a little bit more. Crowell had a solid game while he played, Triplett was good, and that goal line stand was great.

And need i say, Losman looked a hell of a lot better than Holcomb.

It's because people expect the Bills to win the division and make the playoffs. Expectations are way,way too high. If the Bills play 16 games like last night with Losman starting all of them, I wouldn't mind if they go 3-13. It's called rebuilding. People have to learn to live with it and not expect near perfect games (especially in the preseason) and lots of wins.

Because lately Bills' fans unfortunately love dwelling on the negative instead of forcing on the positives.  There were a bunch of stupid plays but they were also great plays.  A lot of fans seem to believe that the past Bills teams have some indictation on how this team will do.  It's a new season and a new team.  Keep hope alive.  <_<

747057[/snapback]

I agree that Bills fan dwell in the negative - but its because its been too darn easy to spot as the positive has taken a serious stare, like finding Waldo! If the team can start to play clean, hard football consistantly, fans wioll let up a bit.

Because lately Bills' fans unfortunately love dwelling on the negative instead of forcing on the positives.  There were a bunch of stupid plays but they were also great plays.  A lot of fans seem to believe that the past Bills teams have some indictation on how this team will do.  It's a new season and a new team.  Keep hope alive.  <_<

747057[/snapback]

negative...may be. anxious and impaitient is more like it

it's because almost everybody on the board hasn't seen the game, but they feel some need to post like they are an authority based on the radio and the stat sheet.

747285[/snapback]

....but the radio sounded like our 1st units did pretty good....except for a few BIG mistakes. :blink:

I think some people have simply lost(or never had) their objectivity. <_<

We have Triplett sacking the crap out of Wright, Schobel's beating tackles to the ball carrier, and Willis and Lee had huge gains, not to mention Willis's run that ousted last years LONGEST of his.  Sure, it went downhill when the second string started playing, but I was impressed with them tonight.  sh-- hit the fan, but what's wrong with that? When you're first string is doing great against this team, how can you be disappointed?

I'm happy with this, our quarterbacks did better than theirs, our running back beat theirs, and Lee Evans had a pretty good game, unless you consider beating Deltha O'Neal for 115 yards on 3 catches a poor outing.  Call me optimistic, but maybe the whole 5.1 yards per carry compared to their 3.0 was good for our run defense, or maybe the 8.5 YPC compared to their 6.8 impressed me.  The fumbles were bad, and the 3rd down percentage was poor, but I'm pretty impressed with what I saw tonight.

747044[/snapback]

Nicely put, my panties are "bunch free" after last night's game but to some on this board the preseason pretty much ranks up there with the birth of Christ or the cancelling of Baywatch.

Nicely put, my panties are "bunch free" after last night's game but to some on this board the preseason pretty much ranks up there with the birth of Christ or the cancelling of Baywatch.

747684[/snapback]

All three are equal in significance! <_<

Seriously, I didn't see the game yet, but I can't get too upset with anything I have seen or read...the Bills scored a lot of points...Losman made some big mistakes, but also made some big plays...I can live with that. I have been waiting for the offense to make some big plays...even if it is only preseason, the long td run by Willis was encouraging.

I am not expecting much from this team this year...all I am asking is that they be entertaining, and somewhat competitive from week to week...that will make them better by the end of the season. I will be thrilled with anything more than that. Let JP get some of the mistakes out of his system...he still has a ways to go, but hopefully, experiencing some mistakes, and some big positive plays will keep him even keeled, and add to his development.

I had season tickets in the 80's, and experienced some of the worst football in Bills history. The 25,000 season ticket holders in 1984 & 1985 were honestly happy when the Bills could sustain a drive, get a few first downs...I think this team, with all of its' problems, is closer to being on an upswing than a downturn...

Guest dog14787

747044[/snapback]

Good points <_<