Aaron Brooks

H2o

This guy is going to have as many weapons this year as anyone else in the league. C'mon now, Moss, Porter, Curry, Anderson is a decent TE, and Lamont Jordan is good out of the backfield. He better perform or his career is more than likely over I believe. What do the rest of you think? He's had 2 very lack-luster performances in the preseason so far and Walter has played relatively well. He could very well end up being benched after the first couple of weeks if his performance isn't up to Art's standards.

. He could very well end up being benched after the first couple of weeks if his performance isn't up to Art's standards.

743657[/snapback]

Why wait till 2 games into season....If his performance sucks in the next

two Preseason game, he might be benched even for the season opener.

This guy is going to have as many weapons this year as anyone else in the league. C'mon now, Moss, Porter, Curry, Anderson is a decent TE, and Lamont Jordan is good out of the backfield. He better perform or his career is more than likely over I believe. What do the rest of you think? He's had 2 very lack-luster performances in the preseason so far and Walter has played relatively well. He could very well end up being benched after the first couple of weeks if his performance isn't up to Art's standards.

743657[/snapback]

The Raiders didn't look good at all on offense with Brooks running things. He was crap last night and last week. Another week of that and I bet they go with Walter as the starter despite his 2 picks last night. That TD pass he threw was nice, him and Morant have their timing down. I'd like to see Walter get a chance with Moss and Gabriel both in the line up.

743657[/snapback]

The announcers said that their OL was so bad that coaches Art Shell and Jackie Slater would be an improvement, and they are approaching 60.

He had a pretty good supporting cast in NO. Deuce, Horn, Stallworth. Yeah... I'd say he's at a crossroads of sorts. I think he has a little better balance of talent with Oakland. If he ends up sucking... most of it will be his fault... unless Moss pulls a TO.

... unless Moss pulls a TO.

743674[/snapback]

Which can happen more easily than I think most people realize. Whether it was Suzy Kolber iterating Moss' comments re: Martin or just watching him in Brooks' grill on the sideline, you get the sense Moss isn't happy with the situation. Five minutes after their grillfest, Brooks bombs one to Moss, but led him outside. Then Brooks stands on the sideline commenting that everyone needs to improve...including line play.

It was interesting to me because when she asked him "What does this team need to do to improve right now?" the best answer Brooks could have given was "Let's start with completing a pass." He went the other way. I suspect he's on the bench much sooner than he thinks.