ESPN MNF

Rico

I think that Chris Berman and Tom Jackson should be doing the commentary. Tirico lacks the wit to hold this position, Theisman can't make up his mind on anything along with making some of the dumbest statements I've ever heard, and Kornheiser seemed to be trying a little too hard. Berman and Jackson would do a great job holding court on MNF. Throw in Kornheiser, acting himself as he does on PTI, and you would have a thoroughly entertaining program to go along with the game we all know and love. Just a thought, but I know it would work.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Chris Berman and Tom Jackson should be doing the commentary. Tirico lacks the wit to hold this position, Theisman can't make up his mind on anything along with making some of the dumbest statements I've ever heard, and Kornheiser seemed to be trying a little too hard. Berman and Jackson would do a great job holding court on MNF. Throw in Kornheiser, acting himself as he does on PTI, and you would have a thoroughly entertaining program to go along with the game we all know and love. Just a thought, but I know it would work.

743760[/snapback]

I'd love to see Berman and Jackson in the booth.

I'm hoping the new MNF crew gets toned down after a while because Tirico spent the entire night emoting every syllable possible and it really became tiresome because the game was simply not that exciting for him to come across like it was a combination of an NFC Championship game and WWF Smackdown Summer Extreme All Caged Event.

Theisman, who I actually like as a commentor, sucked lacked night primarily because he's a game guy, and Tirico and Kornheiser weren't interested in discussing the actual game itself, but the sport. I'm hoping that's because it was a preseason game as I much prefer the announcers to disect the game before them, not the sport above them.

Kornheiser actually had me laughing a few times last night (the Bob Newhart line was pretty freaking funny because Theismann backed off his comment as a play was about to start, but Kornheiser just jumped in regardless of the play), but he eventually started sounding annoying. Aside from lapping up Moss and TO for their abilities, he seemed to just want to bust everyone's balls and try to "call them as I see them," which is fine...until he starts doing it to your team. It's the main reason I don't miss Paul McGuire, and will likely be the same reason I won't miss Kornheiser after he's gone this year.

Still in all, it's football on my tube, and in the end I don't give a crap who is announcing it as long as the sport is back.

I went to the first one on Friday night.  lol, I love Caliendo.

743752[/snapback]

I was at the second show on Friday night! I had a blast, I took my girlfriend and her two daughters...just curious, did he do much Jim Rome at the show you saw? He barely did him at all at our show (I was a little disappointed- I hate Rome!), and I got the sense that he backed off it a little, because it seemed like a good portion of the audience had no idea who Rome was...

My favorite "Madden line" of the night was, if Brett Favre lost both his arms and legs, Madden would still say: "Brett Favre is still the best torso in the NFL." :blink: Caliendo really riffed on the Maddens' man love for Brett!

I was at the second show on Friday night!  I had a blast, I took my girlfriend and her two daughters...just curious, did he do much Jim Rome at the show you saw?  He barely did him at all at our show (I was a little disappointed- I hate Rome!), and I got the sense that he backed off it a little, because it seemed like a good portion of the audience had no idea who Rome was...

My favorite "Madden line" of the night was, if Brett Favre lost both his arms and legs, Madden would still say:  "Brett Favre is still the best torso in the NFL." :blink:  Caliendo really riffed on the Maddens' man love for Brett!

745228[/snapback]

He did spend a bit of time doing Rome, but noted that only about 5-10 people got the joke. I bet that caused him to do his Rome impression less in your show.

Funny enough, me and my girlfriend were only a couple of the ones that got it.