1000s

So I see there have been multiple arrests of people buying 1000s of cell phones. I understand that cell phones can be used as detonantors; but 1000s of them?

That's a lot of bombs and a lot of dialing? It doesn't seem logical. What's the deal?

So I see there have been multiple arrests of people buying 1000s of cell phones.  I understand that cell phones can be used as detonantors; but 1000s of them? 

That's a lot of bombs and a lot of dialing?  It doesn't seem logical.  What's the deal?

743179[/snapback]

I would expect that rather than using them as detonators, they are using them as "single use" phones so that no one phone is used often enough for authorities to zero in on a particular phone, or more accurately, network of phones.

I would expect that rather than using them as detonators, they are using them as "single use" phones so that no one phone is used often enough for authorities to zero in on a particular phone, or more accurately, network of phones.

743210[/snapback]

I could see that but some of the reports have stated they were separating the betteries from the phones and keeping them in separate bins when they were caught.