30 days

inkman

I saw Super Size Me, and while I was grossed out and horrified, I really liked what Morgan Sperlock was trying to do. Does anyone watch his show on F/X, 30 days? It's on Wednesdays at 10. I love it.

Last weeks episode was about outsourcing. This sort of has a personal relate. My wife is always cracking on customer service reps having totally fake names and not being fom this country. I thought she was merely exagerrating some truths. So as I was watching this episode, one of the first things they do in these outsourced jobs in India is tell everybody to make up an "American name". I was pissing my pants. My wife nailed it on the head.

Someone do me a favor and drop that cricket sound on me?  <_<

739081[/snapback]

I've been watching - I love that show - one of the best on TV. I saw all of season 1 and was very impressed and I've really enjoyed the 2 this season - can't wait to see what else they have (it looks like Morgan Spurlock will do 30 days in jail).

Funny - I think the subject matter of the 2 episodes this season (illegal immigration and outsourcing) are almost the same - people from other parts of the world willing to work for a fraction of what Americans need to make a decent living just because their situations are so bad. The only difference is WHERE the work is done - if they come to the work in the U.S. its illegal, but if the work comes to them in India its legal. The net net is the same - Americans are losing jobs and the value of work is declining. First it was manufacturing jobs that left, now its service and technology jobs - what's next? What's left?

Upon seeing the conditions that the people of those countries exist in, it is hard to criticize them. The Mexicans come here make half of what we make and make 10 times what they would make back home. The customer service jobs in India are knocking the country on it's ear. They can make $1000 dollars a month and the companies are still coming out ahead.

Last nights episode was scary.  Cheebus people worry me... :rolleyes:

739728[/snapback]

I Tivo'ed it last night - hope to get a chance to see it this evening.

Upcoming episodes are a guy who decides to give New Age therapies a try for 30 days, a pro-choice woman who works at a women's clinic who goes to live with a family of pro-lifers, and Morgan Spurlock going to jail for 30 days (including 72 hours in solitary) - good stuff!