Who is the Bills' Longest Tenured Player?

Nate Clements, Brian Moorman, and Aaron Schobel are tied with this being their 6th season.

738874[/snapback]

That is really very sad. <_<

Now I know why I found it hard on the other thread to pick a favourite player.

Peerless Price????

738893[/snapback]

Price doesn't count because he left for a few years.

But this is very creepy that the longest tenured players are in fact Nate Clements and Aaron Schobel. Usually you look for a lot of leadership to come from your longest tenured player, and i don't see a lot of people following Nate into a firestorm or even following the inaffective run stopping of Aaron Schobel.

Dark times Bills fans, dark times.

And this will be Nate's last year, so the list continues to dwindle...

739388[/snapback]

Not so sure about that. We will have plenty of cap money next year to sign Clements AND address some of our needs on the lines. We'll be something like $20 million + under the cap limit next year (consult Clumpy for the actual number).

And back to topic, here's a top-10 list of longest tenured Bills:

1. Peerless Price --- 1999 (if you want to ignore his 3-year absence)

2. Moorman, Schobel, Clements --- 2001

5. Fletcher-Baker, Reed, Denney, Wire, Burns --- 2002

10. McGahee, Lindell, Aiken, Neufeld, Kelsay, Sape, Crowell, Spikes, Haggan, Stamer, McGee --- 2003

Note how no QB or OL of ours has been on this team earlier than 2 seasons ago...

You have all seen the kinds of players TD brought in (Bennie, MW) and your complaining cause Nate Clements and Schobel are the longest tenured?

Buffalo has a young team, maybe some of Marvs guys will be around for a long time and we can all put the dark TD years behind us

739382[/snapback]

The young team thing is nice if there are individuals on that team that are willing to step up and accept the leadership role, and i don't see that happening on the Bills.

Nate Celemts wants to leave after this season, i don't see too many people following Nate Clements with his words of brilliance and intelligence to the point where he is the leader on this team. Not only that it will only be a one year deal, and i don't think he even wants to adopt any kind of leadership role.

Aaron Schobel is a good pass rushing end and could be a great player for the Bills throughout his career, but the fact of the matter is that there have been few d-linemen who have had legitamate leadership roles. Those exceptions are Bruce Smith, Reggie White, and probably Deacon Jones. Schobel is not in any arena with those individuals and likely is not the person to do it.

Brian Moorman: As much as i love what he does on the field i don't think that you can have a punter be the leader on your team. I actually believe that the Bills are the only team that make a jersey for their punter.

Willis McGahee. Anybody looking for leadership from McGahee should just walk in front of one of the shuttle buses at St. John Fisher right now. Yes the guy has the potential to be a major offensive threat, but a leader is one who steps up and does things like motivates in the locker room and also talks to the media when the team is struggling. When i think of Willis talking to the media i am more reminded of the Budweiser commercials that star Leon rather than being reminded of people like Emmitt Smith.

Whitner, undersized as he is, runs around the defensive backfield like he is in pop warner. He can't read anything in the offense and often gets beat by tight ends and larger wide outs. A rookie is not going to step up and take the leadership role on your team.

Not so sure about that. We will have plenty of cap money next year to sign Clements AND address some of our needs on the lines. We'll be something like $20 million + under the cap limit next year (consult Clumpy for the actual number).

And back to topic, here's a top-10 list of longest tenured Bills:

1. Peerless Price --- 1999 (if you want to ignore his 3-year absence)

2. Moorman, Schobel, Clements --- 2001

5. Fletcher-Baker, Reed, Denney, Wire, Burns --- 2002

10. McGahee, Lindell, Aiken, Neufeld, Kelsay, Sape, Crowell, Spikes, Haggan, Stamer, McGee --- 2003

Note how no QB or OL of ours has been on this team earlier than 2 seasons ago...

739403[/snapback]

We could sign Clements but everything seems to be shaping up like we won't. Our new defense asks your corners to be zone defenders, no way do we shell out top 5 corner money for a zone defender. That’s why the Bill promised Nate they won't franchise him next year, and drafted Youboty.