Borat Movie Trailer

The Dean

I want to get my hopes up, but I watched Da Ali G movie (from England) and it was the most painful movie-watching experience of my life.

I have a feeling his brilliance comes when he is in a situation where no one else is in on the joke and not in a scripted movie.  Of course, I hope I'm wrong but his first movie was just awful. 

Even if it sucks I'll always have the Season 1 DVD of the television show.

738708[/snapback]

Yeah, that movie did suck, and you're right the brilliance comes from an unscripted situation, which is what this movie is. =)

I guess I don't understand your analogy.  When South Park makes fun of the crucifixtion or Jews, it is funny.  Hitler's jew jokes weren't quite as entertaining.

739292[/snapback]

I'm sure the Roman soldiers thought the crown was a hilarious gesture. If funny is an ultimate defense, I guess we really can't blame them.

"in my country, they'd love these two. Not so much...her."

739297[/snapback]

lmfao, god this movie is going to be great.

"Hi I want to meet you my name is borat"... briefcase falls open and chicken comes out.

LMAO

I'm sure the Roman soldiers thought the crown was a hilarious gesture.  If funny is an ultimate defense, I guess we really can't blame them.

739296[/snapback]

Well, if they didn't KILL him afterwards, it may have worked a little better as "humor".

Yeah, that movie did suck, and you're right the brilliance comes from an unscripted situation, which is what this movie is. =)

739294[/snapback]

Cool, the trailer looked like it had some of that in it, but I assumed everyone was in on the joke in the movie.

By the way, the government of Kazakhstan has been complaining about this for a while now.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=1315240

Didn't say they couldn't do it.  Just remarking that there may be consequences beyond what we are expecting.  But then, given our tendency to applaud shortsighted knee jerk actions that backfire to our detriment (Iraq comes to mind for some reason) I should be less than surprised.

739240[/snapback]

Yep, we should all just put plastic over our windows with duct tape. The boogieman is coming! This time he's in the form of a parody comedian.

Nice to see you didn't gain any common sense while you were gone.

Yep, we should all just put plastic over our windows with duct tape.  The boogieman is coming!  This time he's in the form of a parody comedian.

Nice to see you didn't gain any common sense while you were gone.

739724[/snapback]

Never posed it as a First Amendment issue. See AD life isn't about banning folks you disagree with. It is about addressing concerns openly in frank discussion without fear of retribution. Banning the movie would be childish and non-productive and I wouldn't recommend it. Acknowledging that it will cause a problem and give us something of a bad image is what I was saying. Take a lesson here my dimwitted friend...Banning is not always the answer! :rolleyes::doh:

Never posed it as a First Amendment issue.  See AD life isn't about banning folks you disagree with.  It is about addressing concerns openly in frank discussion without fear of retribution.  Banning the movie would be childish and non-productive and I wouldn't recommend it. 

Or, we could just look at it as what it is. That's apparently pretty tough for you "heart on the sleeves" types. Way to pick appropriate battles to fight, Don Quixote.

Acknowledging that it will cause a problem and give us something of a bad image is what I was saying.  Take a lesson here my dimwitted friend...Banning is not always the answer!   :rolleyes:  :doh:

740019[/snapback]

It's not going to cause a problem for anyone who understands parody. Calling someone else dimwitted because a small segment of society doesn't get really, really obvious spoofing is pretty ironic, coming from an uber-liberal whose party has been propped up by the entertainment industry for years. Perhaps you could head back over there and teach those people to laugh as hard at fictional characterizations as I do at your attempts at reasoning.

I'd worry about Ali G's effect on the Khazakstan way of life a whole lot. Hopefully the UN will pass a resolution of something super meaningful to stop such atrocities. You know, because there aren't any real problems in the world to waste our energy on.

Or, we could just look at it as what it is.  That's apparently pretty tough for you "heart on the sleeves" types.  Way to pick appropriate battles to fight, Don Quixote.

It's not going to cause a problem for anyone who understands parody.  Calling someone else dimwitted because a small segment of society doesn't get really, really obvious spoofing is pretty ironic, coming from an uber-liberal whose party has been propped up by the entertainment industry for years.  Perhaps you could head back over there and teach those people to laugh as hard at fictional characterizations as I do at your attempts at reasoning.

I'd worry about Ali G's effect on the Khazakstan way of life a whole lot.  Hopefully the UN will pass a resolution of something super meaningful to stop such atrocities.  You know, because there aren't any real problems in the world to waste our energy on.

740124[/snapback]

Why would you wear heart on sleeve? Wouldn't that make shirt dirty? In Kazakhstan, it is low person who wear dirty clothes. I believe in the US and A they called slaves. I think Don Quixote is dumb too.

The entertainment industry is where Pamela Anderson work, yes? I want to do Pamela Anderson, and in the mean time help my country.

You do not understand great country of Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan is good, strong country, which sometime causes misunderstand Borat.

In Kazakhstan there is plenty of energy, and my sister she has too much (she rape me), so there is no need for you to give energy for us.

Borat on Conan  :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFiSjiEb6Yg&NR

On fellow guest Queen Lathifa : "I would like to make love inside of her" and make a "liquid explosion".

739647[/snapback]

That ws hilarious. I can't believe I've never watched this guy before. I might have to get HBO.

Why would you wear heart on sleeve?  Wouldn't that make shirt dirty?  In Kazakhstan, it is low person who wear dirty clothes.  I believe in the US and A they called slaves.  I think Don Quixote is dumb too.

The entertainment industry is where Pamela Anderson work, yes?  I want to do Pamela Anderson, and in the mean time help my country.

You do not understand great country of Kazakhstan.  Kazakhstan is good, strong country, which sometime causes misunderstand Borat.

In Kazakhstan there is plenty of energy, and my sister she has too much (she rape me), so there is no need for you to give energy for us.

740144[/snapback]

Your insolence is going to bring the wrath upon America. Infidel.