baseball Memorabilia question

Exactly

737953[/snapback]

As long as this thread is opened, How much would an #44 Atlanta Braves jersey (New style) with Hank Aaron's autograph be worth.

Long stry shortened....I won it at a charity golf outing, the people running the raffle tried to keep it. (million gifts on several tables, random drawing) I got picked 3rd, went up to select something, good clubs were gone, someone mentioned there was the jersey, so I asked, the guy running it said "how did you know?", anyway I got the jersey, but have no paperwork. It hangs in a closet, under a plastic dry cleaner bag for the last 7-8 years. Any value or should I start washing the car with it. Jersey is nice, sewn in letters and emblems.

As long as this thread is opened, How much would an #44 Atlanta Braves jersey (New style) with Hank Aaron's autograph be worth.

Long stry shortened....I won it at a charity golf outing, the people running the raffle tried to keep it. (million gifts on several tables, random drawing) I got picked 3rd, went up to select something, good clubs were gone, someone mentioned there was the jersey, so I asked, the guy running it said "how did you know?", anyway I got the jersey, but have no paperwork. It hangs in a closet, under a plastic dry cleaner bag for the last 7-8 years. Any value or should I start washing the car with it. Jersey is nice, sewn in letters and emblems.

738054[/snapback]

Not much knowledge on collectables, but I believe it's basically worthless (moneywise) unless you get the autograph authenticated. Thailog will know more about that.

738054[/snapback]

Well Guff that's a hell of a collectible. I'd say without seeing it it's roughlly worth $700-$1000.00. If you have it authenticated I'd say double that estimate. Did it come with any type of verification of its authenticity?

You truly have a very nice item.

Well Guff that's a hell of a collectible. I'd say without seeing it it's roughlly worth $700-$1000.00. If you have it authenticated I'd say double that estimate. Did it come with any type of verification of its authenticity?

You truly have a very nice item.

738071[/snapback]

The guy running the charity had the stuff signed in Cooperstown, the charity was for the hospice that took care of his dad as he died of cancer. The guy is a lawyer (prick) and probably had the authentication information, but was stunned that I knew the jersey was there, and when I asked if he had paperwork he said "No, there is none" I found out from his brother in law that the wife and his kids had bought almost 100 dollars worth of tickets to get it (he had some scruples). Anyway, since I had been tipped off by the same brother in law about the jersey, he wasn't about to give up any paperwork if it wasn't going to him or his kids.

How would I get something like that authenticated if it comes to that?

The guy running the charity had the stuff signed in Cooperstown, the charity was for the hospice that took care of his dad as he died of cancer. The guy is a lawyer (prick) and probably had the authentication information, but was stunned that I knew the jersey was there, and when I asked if he had paperwork he said "No, there is none" I found out from his brother in law that the wife and his kids had bought almost 100 dollars worth of tickets to get it (he had some scruples). Anyway, since I had been tipped off by the same brother in law about the jersey, he wasn't about to give up any paperwork if it wasn't going to him or his kids.

How would I get something like that authenticated if it comes to that?

738099[/snapback]

Well you could send it out to be authenticated....I/E a company called PSA/DNA or the company I use is called Global Sports Authenticators. Given the age it was before the big authenticating craze began. I'll look up the links for you.

Glad you hosed the Lawyer....lolPSA/DNA

Global Sports Authenticators

• 2 weeks later...