Just read that Plain Dealer article

Man, Marv shat the bed in that negotiation. No 6th year, and 13 million more than the guy selected after him?

Someone musta slipped a mickey into Marv's geritol...

:D

736750[/snapback]

Those numbers won't be the numbers when this shakes out. That sounds like his agent gave the writer percentages and figures that skew the real ones. The incentives numbers cannot be counted as real money. He gets about 700K more in guaranteed money than the guy behind him, and very likely a couple million more in salary over the 5 years. Exactly what he should have gotten. Two weeks ago.

Those numbers won't be the numbers when this shakes out. That sounds like his agent gave the writer percentages and figures that skew the real ones. The incentives numbers cannot be counted as real money. He gets about 700K more in guaranteed money than the guy behind him, and very likely a couple million more in salary over the 5 years. Exactly what he should have gotten. Two weeks ago.

736756[/snapback]

LOL there is that. I was hoping that Marv would at least succeed in getting a sixth year.

That "article" was as transparently free advertising for the agent as you'll ever see. Most likely a quid pro quo for tips and rumors, past and present.

Guaranteed $$$ are the only differentiator and it looks like Whitner got just a bit more than the $12.9 million the Bills were offering a week ago.

That "article" was as transparently free advertising for the agent as you'll ever see.  Most likely a quid pro quo for tips and rumors, past and present.

Guaranteed $$$ are the only differentiator and it looks like Whitner got just a bit more than the $12.9 million the Bills were offering a week ago.

736782[/snapback]

And why would you say that? Because the Bills shill said Whitner got a little more than the 12.9? Whitner said they split the difference. I agree that the Plain Dealers numbers were misleading, and said so earlier, but I think you'll see when the numbers do come out that Whiter got about 13.5 or 13.6 which is right between the 7 and 9.

Just like your deep insight, huh.... :D

736793[/snapback]

No, I based it on what the straight shooter Whitner said, that "we met in the middle", and logic. That is the only concrete quote available as far as I know. I wouldn't be surprised if Whitner actually got a lot more on the actual (non-incentive) salary, too, than Sims. But that is just conjecture. Actually, of course, all of this is conjecture. :lol:

Man, Marv shat the bed in that negotiation. No 6th year, and 13 million more than the guy selected after him?

Someone musta slipped a mickey into Marv's geritol...

:D

736750[/snapback]

By all means, the Bills should have played hard ball, even if it meant a long holdout by Whittner. Then we could all complain about how Ralph is cheap and the Bills are killing themselves by not paying the guy.

PTR