Is JP kicking Holcomb's tail?

Mickey

I don't favor Holcomb this year.  I am, however, worried about a QB that can't manage to outplay Kelly Holcomb.  Admittedly, one poster made a good point, that outplaying KH isn't so easy because KH is not that bad of a QB.

This whole thing started because I pointed out that I was hoping JP would clearly outplay KH from the git-go in camp and was disappointed that, based on the posted camp reports which I qouted and updated extensively, he wasn't kicking KH's tail, far from it in fact.

From that modest beginning rained a thousand posts about how its not his fault, he is still too green and all because the moronic coaches last year didn't start him for all 16 games.  His poor performance in camp is apparently Mike Mularkey's fault.

On a positive note, the last few camp reports posted indicate that he is starting to play better.

735642[/snapback]

To be honest with you, I think the reports on both QBs have been quite good. There is no QB that is going to complete everything in Training Camp or never make mistakes. To me it seems that they are both keeping mistakes to a minimum. It sounds like the only really bad day of practice was Wednesday.

Another poster said something on how the Miami QBs were doing terrible in practice and we just aren't hearing that about the Bills' QB's.

I prefer Losman start because there is so much more upside. We already know what we are going to get in Holcomb and to be honest its nothing great.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the contemporaneous news articles I could find indicated that he was unable to play, I linked some of them.  I couldn't find a single article that said he could play but that Mularkey refused to play him.  In fact, from the articles I could find he missed at least the tuesday and wed. practice before the Denver game and Mularkey wasn't even sure he could be the back-up for that game.  Were the veterans demanding that JP not even be allowed to practice???  He started practicing the next week but Mularkey said he wouldn't play him hurt...and he didn't.

The idea that they wouldn't play him in a totally meaningless game I think is just too senseless to be true.  Not playing a guy who was hurt however, now that does make sense.

735665[/snapback]

I'm fairly certain JP was suffering from the same physical malady as Sam Adams. A strained case of Mularkinopia.

If we were hoping to be a playoff team we should have kept Bledsoe, refurbished the offensive line and gotten a good tight end. We didn't and decided to "wash" the season from day one with JP. That meant staying with JP through at least most of the season. It was a mess all around last year mostly the fault of the coach. We'll hopefully use this season to see what we have in JP and make adjustments as we have to.

If we were hoping to be a playoff team we should have kept Bledsoe, refurbished the offensive line and gotten a good tight end.  We didn't and decided to "wash" the season from day one with JP.  That meant staying with JP through at least most of the season.  It was a mess all around last year mostly the fault of the coach.  We'll hopefully use this season to see what we have in JP and make adjustments as we have to.

735673[/snapback]

They thought they did those things when they signed Anderson and Gandy, drafted Everett, etc. I think they really thought that they had a better chance at making the playoffs going the way they did than sticking with Drew. Not saying it made sense but I think that really was what they believed.