Donte Whitner from the front page of TBD

Or worse - Uma Thurman!

It's the guy's last time at bat holding full leverage.

I just hope he's keeping in shape. If he pops a ganubie after holding out and falling behind, our 1st round pick will begin to look more and more like some of Donahoe's nose picks.

I'm truly amazed at the lack of a contract agreement at this point.

One of the sides is not budging, bottom line.

I really hope that for DW's sake it's the Bills that are not budging.

All that we hear about DW being a team player with tons of character and work ethic it's sure not working to his advantage to miss all this practice.

Someone needs to step up and bend over I guess.

It disgusts me when these rookies hold out for contracts. The teams are giving you the chance of a lifetime to come play for them, and pay you a large amount of money to play a game that you have never played at the highest level possible, and you fight over a contract. Holding out isn't going to help your career, you are missing valuable learning and practicing time and are highly likely to lose a spot on the team you would have had if you were there at the start.

Here we have a guy that pretty much had the starting job once his name was called and he could now be losing that spot because of a contract dispute? I don't care who is the one that will not bend (DW or the Bills) but if I was the player, I would be working with them non stop to work something out to get in camp ASAP so I don't lose my chance to start and don't piss off my teammates and coaches. Maybe its just that not being a football player (or athlete) during school I would appreciate getting the chance to make millions playing a game that I would not hold out. But there is no reason why a rookie should be able to hold out on contract negotiations (and no way they should be given the contracts they are given)

It disgusts me when these rookies hold out for contracts. The teams are giving you the chance of a lifetime to come play for them, and pay you a large amount of money to play a game that you have never played at the highest level possible, and you fight over a contract. Holding out isn't going to help your career, you are missing valuable learning and practicing time and are highly likely to lose a spot on the team you would have had if you were there at the start.

Here we have a guy that pretty much had the starting job once his name was called and he could now be losing that spot because of a contract dispute? I don't care who is the one that will not bend (DW or the Bills) but if I was the player, I would be working with them non stop to work something out to get in camp ASAP so I don't lose my chance to start and don't piss off my teammates and coaches. Maybe its just that not being a football player (or athlete) during school I would appreciate getting the chance to make millions playing a game that I would not hold out. But there is no reason why a rookie should be able to hold out on contract negotiations (and no way they should be given the contracts they are given)

733587[/snapback]

Yep..chance of a lifetime andhe is going to jeopardize that??? Cant belive it! He needs to sign already!!