Congrats CNY/WNY Newspapers

Just Jack

Syracuse, Buffalo and Rochester were all in the top 10 Sunday edition newspapers read by a % of their population.

Sunday edition of Post-Standard tops market survey

Here are the others....

1) The Syracuse Post-Standard 73.4%

2) Buffalo News 71.2%

3) Wichita Eagle 71%

4) Milwaukee Journal Sentinal 70.6%

5) Des Moines Register 69.1%

6) Saginaw News 68.6%

7) Toledo Blade 67.6%

8) Rochester D&C 67.5%

9) Mobile Register 67.4%

10) Roanoke Times 66.8%

Not to mention Buffalo's a one newspaper town so it's not like there are a lot of options when it comes to a Sunday newspaper.

731729[/snapback]

Same with Syracuse. There used to be two, morning was The Post Standard, afternoon was the Herald Journal, and Sunday's was called the Herald American. Some time in the late 80's or early 90's the two papers merged, but kept their seperate editions. Then in the mid 90's, they dropped home delivery of the Herald American. A while after that, they dropped the afternoon edition entirely. It was only a couple years ago that the Sunday edition had it's name change to The Post Standard also.

Here are the others....

1) The Syracuse Post-Standard 73.4%

2) Buffalo News 71.2%

3) Wichita Eagle 71%

4) Milwaukee Journal Sentinal 70.6%

5) Des Moines Register 69.1%

6) Saginaw News 68.6%

7) Toledo Blade 67.6%

8) Rochester D&C 67.5%

9) Mobile Register 67.4%

10) Roanoke Times 66.8%

731582[/snapback]

If someone shows me these 10 cities, I'm hoping my city isn't part of whatever reason they are listed together.

Same with Syracuse. There used to be two, morning was The Post Standard, afternoon was the Herald Journal, and Sunday's was called the Herald American. Some time in the late 80's or early 90's the two papers merged, but kept their seperate editions. Then in the mid 90's, they dropped home delivery of the Herald American. A while after that, they dropped the afternoon edition entirely. It was only a couple years ago that the Sunday edition had it's name change to The Post Standard also.

731789[/snapback]

Will Rogers said something to the effect

'I like one newspaper towns - why be bothered with a second opinion ?'

I couldn't find it - but there was this one

"I read about eight newspapers in a day. When I'm in a town with only one newspaper, I read it eight times."

For a nice list of Will's quips & quotes -

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/will_rogers.html