Here's my Training Camp Report from 7/29/06 PM

Here we go! Day 2 of Buffalo Bills Training camp. This was the last of the double sessions and it was another scorcher outside. So, the players definitely worked up a sweat. The Bills still haven't put on the pads and started hitting, but they are working pretty hard out there. The players worked on a lot of 11-on-11 drills and also some more special teams drills, along with the usual 7-on-7 and individual drills. Again, the reps remained pretty even between the three quarterbacks, but that may change depending on the severity of Nall's injury.

The day began where the players worked on some different special teams drills, trying to get set up in their right positions. Following that drill, the team did a pre-practice walk-thru without helmets. Next up was the stretching and then of course the individual drills. I watched a little bit of the Tight end drills and saw some nice blocking by Robert Royal on Kevin Everett. He really is going a good job and is most likely going to be the starting tight end. I also paid some attention to the Quarterback drills with the Wide receivers. JP Losman looked the sharpest out of the three. He showed a lot of zip on his passes and got them out right away. The only negative I saw was that Josh Reed actually dropped a pass. He has been doing good up to this point, so I didn't make a big deal from it.

CLICK HERE for the rest of the article....

Here we go! Day 2 of Buffalo Bills Training camp.  This was the last of the double sessions and it was another scorcher outside. So, the players definitely worked up a sweat. The Bills still haven't put on the pads and started hitting, but they are working pretty hard out there.  The players worked on a lot of 11-on-11 drills and also some more special teams drills, along with the usual 7-on-7 and individual drills. Again, the reps remained pretty even between the three quarterbacks, but that may change depending on the severity of Nall's injury.

The day began where the players worked on some different special teams drills, trying to get set up in their right positions. Following that drill, the team did a pre-practice walk-thru without helmets. Next up was the stretching and then of course the individual drills. I watched a little bit of the Tight end drills and saw some nice blocking by Robert Royal on Kevin Everett. He really is going a good job and is most likely going to be the starting tight end. I also paid some attention to the Quarterback drills with the Wide receivers. JP Losman looked the sharpest out of the three. He showed a lot of zip on his passes and got them out right away. The only negative I saw was that Josh Reed actually dropped a pass. He has been doing good up to this point, so I didn't make a big deal from it.

CLICK HERE for the rest of the article....

731484[/snapback]

Great Report ... and thanks a lot. For guys like me, stuck in NC reading these reports are as close as I can get to camp.

I have read that Kelly and JP are the best two QB over the first few sessions but you said Nall was better then Kelly. First I have heard of that.

Difficult to get a grip on the O-line since pads are off but I have read good things about Tuten and Fowler. The o-line is the key because if they can finally get it together and we can run the ball and provide solid protection, the team will be very competetive.

keep the reports coming

Fantastic review. Since the QB battle is the talk of camp, it's great to hear all the detail. It will be interesting to see how the line play is when they put on the pads.

731547[/snapback]

Thanks for the comments. I am very interested in seeing how the line does. On a side note that I forgot to add, 61 (Terrence Pennington had a sweet pancake on Eric Powell during one of the drills)

Doesn't sound as if the offense if promising in the early going.

731550[/snapback]

The offense looks okay. It looks like an offense that is just learning a new system. Eventually it will click.

Great Report ... and thanks a lot.  For guys like me, stuck in NC reading these reports are as close as I can get to camp.

I have read that Kelly and JP are the best two QB over the first few sessions but you said Nall was better then Kelly.  First I have heard of that.

Difficult to get a grip on the O-line since pads are off but I have read good things about Tuten and Fowler.  The o-line is the key because if they can finally get it together and we can run the ball and provide solid protection, the team will be very competetive.

keep the reports coming

731552[/snapback]

Thanks for the comments. I have not seen Kelly as one of the better QBs. IMO, he has been dead last. Unless you include all his completions which are mainly because he keeps checking off the receiver and dumping to the backs and TEs.

I have seen Fowler make some nice snaps from shotgun. That's all i can tell so far without the pads.

When is it ever?

731558[/snapback]

It will be. Just give it some time. :w00t:

Great shots Mike! My daughter is thrilled that her Teddy Bear "Bo" was in with the McCargo pics!!!

731711[/snapback]

I can't see your face. :angry:

BTW......didn't want McCargo to crack the fiberglass? Sat in the seat instead, huh? <_<