• He's a top 5 corner, we can't win without him
    • He's a top five corner, but when he's gone, we'll be fine
    • He's a very good corner
    • He's above average, and a team player and a leader
    • He's above average, but very selfish
    • He's overrated and selfish, but still good
    • I can't wait till he's gone

i went with "he's a very good corner".

i'm actually excited to see how he plays this year. i heard a lot of complaints that his play last year was down because of the coaching and the defensive scheme.

not sure that was it but also not so sure he is as bad as he played last year either.

Nate's above average, and I do believe he wants to win, so in that aspect, he's a good teammate. However, if the team lost, but Nate returned a pick for 6, he'd be okay with that.

I was at San Diego last year to watch Nasty Nate have one of the worst games by a corner I have ever seen. Brees-to-McCardell looked like Montana-to-Rice with Clements trailing by a good three yards.

It's true, Nate often takes the opponent's best receiver. But he does it with a lot of help over the top from the safeties (not that that's different from any other team's defensive scheme.) Even though Nate has the self-appointed nickname, I think McGee on the other side is more of the 'Playmaker'.

Nate is a player that (imo) the Bills should try to keep. He has each and every attribute that a corner needs. Not enough? He is a spectacular punt returner.

Truthfully, I have my doubts as to whether or not he wants to stay in Buffalo. <_<

There is no real way for a fan to know what Nate (and his agent) are thinking, but knowing how much Marv loves corners, I think that they would extend him if possible. Keeping Nate would (if everybody stays healthy) provide us with a stockpile of secondary players, and negate the need to keep chasing them in the draft.

Nate is clearly one of our best players, and the Bills have a ton of cap space. As far as I'm concerned, now is the time to sign him but as the saying goes, it takes 2 to tango.

I chose, "less dancing, more top notch coverage".

728719[/snapback]

How do you live with yourself, being so right all the time? <_<

BTW: I'd put Nate in the same category I put Willis in: potential for greatness, might not have the mental focus / may have too much attitude to take it to all-time great level.

If we have to put Youboty in there in '07, I'm OK with it.

he's a top 5 corner but I believe we'll be fine without him. Im not as high as some people on this board about terrence mcgee at least as a corner, but Ohio State has had some very good/great db's come into the nfl and I believe youboty will follow in those footsteps and we have reasonable depth behind that where is youboty develops like I think he will in the mold of Chris Gamble I think we'll be fine at corner. Id love to keep Nate, all the guy does is make plays evidence by his 20 ints and 11 forced fumbles and 6 tds 4 on ints and 2 punt returns. in his 5 seasons here btw thats more turnover causing plays then corners in the same span such as Patrick Surtain, Ty Law, Champ Bailey, charles woodson, al harris, chris mcallister, samari rolle, brian kelly, ronde barber, antoine winfield etc etc etc. Now I dont think Youboty or Mcgee will be able to much that production, but if we improve the dline we'll be fine without clements but our secondary wont improve without him.